Ps3 Announced

the mo beats experience

surely not I mean how much is it retailing at???

£50. Which is a joke, it's 35 retail on the pc and is generally stocked at 20 quid. Amazon are stocking the pc version for 15, the xbox 360 version for 17 and the PS3 version for 39. Doh.

PS3 = Betamax :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice to see the PS3 really getting the killer titles it so badly needs.

:) I'm sure that the killer apps are on the horizon ( i'm thinking Killzone, MGS & Heavenly Sword ), but with still so little in the way of footage coming out, these could be at the tail end of the year

I'm just looking forward to Bio-Shock, Mass Effect, Fable 2, Blue Dragon, Halo 3, Forza 2, Alan Wake, etc etc etc :):lol:

Bio shock had better be good, or someones going to get hurt!

(PC for me, proper resolution, not your low def hdtv :) )

Slim from what I've seen I don't think it is possible for them to fuck this game up, an open ended sandbox FPS! fan-fuckin-tastic...The big daddies look cool as fook and the little girls are just plain crrreeepy, bring it! :ph34r:

Singstar ps3 is in june. I reckon that alone will shift alot of ps3s. Not that it needs to shift any tho since it was europes fastest selling console....

The old farts in here that dont understand singstar ignore this post but for the people that do like a laugh and like the singstars . its going to be the first game on any console that utilises downloadable content as it should be done.

300 songs available to download on day one . and a library of 3000 songs planned to be released.

Im just hoping the pricing structure is right. Unlike Guitar hero 2 on the 360!!! the pricing of the downloads on that is disgusting.

Still the main game on ps3 that im going crackers over is Winning eleven out in july, since all ps3 games are region free we can now get the winning elevens no problems... huray!

Singstar ps3 is in june. I reckon that alone will shift alot of ps3s. Not that it needs to shift any tho since it was europes fastest selling console....

Hah. 'Was' is right, it was the fastest selling console on launch day, because it had vast stocks. It had vast stocks because it was delayed here and failed to sell any number in other regions. It's sold pitifully since then, and was the fastest dropping console ever in terms of sales volume. Dropped 82 percent sales in week 2. Not a headline you see the fanboys throwing around though..

The old farts in here that dont understand singstar ignore this post but for the people that do like a laugh and like the singstars . its going to be the first game on any console that utilises downloadable content as it should be done.

I've got every singstar disk. I'm not an old fart. I welcome downloadable content if it's priced right, but it'll no doubt be a rip off.

You got faith that sony wont rip you off? A £425 console There's great value downloads on the PC and 360, what makes you say the ps3 will be the first to do it right?

I would say a quid a song would be a good price.

the games are usually 20-30 for 20-30 songs so it seems fair enough to me.

More than that and yes it will be a rip off.

GH2 is 5 quid for 3 songs i think. and the only songs available are the ones from gh1 at the moment.. if they start bringing out some newer ones it might be a bit more worth it.

Hah. 'Was' is right, it was the fastest selling console on launch day, because it had vast stocks. It had vast stocks because it was delayed here and failed to sell any number in other regions. It's sold pitifully since then, and was the fastest dropping console ever in terms of sales volume. Dropped 82 percent sales in week 2. Not a headline you see the fanboys throwing around though..

I've got every singstar disk. I'm not an old fart. I welcome downloadable content if it's priced right, but it'll no doubt be a rip off.

You got faith that sony wont rip you off? A £425 console There's great value downloads on the PC and 360, what makes you say the ps3 will be the first to do it right?

remind me to get you a beer when im next over slim

Hmmm. Beer!

I like this quote from eurogamer today too:

"Devil May Cry 4 producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi has said that Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of the game will be "pretty much identical"."

Great, you spent all that extra dosh on a ps3, and you get exactly the same games...

After reading this thread it seems there a few people out there who are getting rather obsessed by success or maybe lack thereof of this console. I just don't understand it.

Ok so it costs too much, but I haven't bought one so what do I care. Funnily enough those on here who have bought them seem to be happy with their purchase and the value for money it has provided them. So why all the negativity for those other non owners?

To be honest I hope that the PS3 is a success but only from the point of view that competition in any market brings down prices and encourages innovation. Will I buy one, well maybe when it comes down to a reasonable price and if some great exclusive games comes out for it. Will I buy an XBOX360 well again maybe yes when the Elite comes out. Though unlike the early adopters I am prepared to wait until things get settled and a proper comparison can be made. It is very early days and it would be stupid to either write the console off or claim it is greatest thing since sliced bread just yet. With the complexity of modern games and the development times required it often means that it takes a while for the really good stuff to appear. Then we might be able to truly compare between a fairly established console and one that has been out a short time (yes even with the earlier international release).

Archived