NORTH AMERICAN HARDWARE SALES FOR APRIL 2007:

DS: 471k

Wii: 360k

PS2: 194k

PSP: 183k

360: 174k

GBA: 84k

PSThreetamax: 82k

What's that? It's only been out 10 mins? It's been out longer than the wii in this territory, yet the wii's outselling the PSThreetamax 3 to 1. Even the stinky old GBA is outseling it! You recon that's not a failure then?

Oh but there's always the jap market eh? Oh noes:

Last weeks jap hardware sales:

DSL 163,785

Wii 52,544

PSP 34,433

PS2 10,414

PS3 8,839

Xbox360 2,105

Large price drop or the consoles a deader.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NORTH AMERICAN HARDWARE SALES FOR APRIL 2007:

DS: 471k

Wii: 360k

PS2: 194k

PSP: 183k

360: 174k

GBA: 84k

PSThreetamax: 82k

What's that? It's only been out 10 mins? It's been out longer than the wii in this territory, yet the wii's outselling the PSThreetamax 3 to 1. Even the stinky old GBA is outseling it! You recon that's not a failure then?

Oh but there's always the jap market eh? Oh noes:

Last weeks jap hardware sales:

DSL 163,785

Wii 52,544

PSP 34,433

PS2 10,414

PS3 8,839

Xbox360 2,105

Large price drop or the consoles a deader.

Oh quick, google up some stats, woo.

wii is a fad, up there with the furbies and Steps, it'll be gone in a year.

ur asking me in what way are wii games for kids? :blink: maybe in the same way every single nintendo console since year dot has been for kids.

that has always been the way.

Thats how they do so well in the market place. They have their niche sector of kids , families , and blokes that should be on registers.

"It's for kids because it is"? I know you're a bit dim, but you need to actually qualify what you say or it just looks like you're talking biggoted shite. Tiger woods isn't a kids game, it's aimed squarely at adults. It's also on the ps3 as well as the wii. Does that make the ps3 a kids console too spanna?

The wii is very deliberately not targetted to kids, look at the wii marketing: http://wii.com/ see any kids?

I shouldn't be surprised that you're a bit dim, you played double the cost of a 360 for something that plays the same games...

awwww slimmy slim slim.. Resorting to insulting me is the sign that you have lost it.

ur asking me in what way are wii games for kids? :blink: maybe in the same way every single nintendo console since year dot has been for kids.

Thats how they do so well in the market place. They have their niche sector of kids , families , and blokes that should be on registers.

Well correct me if i am wrong, but don't you own an Nintendo Gamecube, and also don't you own a Nintendo DS Lite, which you had imported because they where not available at the time in the UK?

Let me hold the door open for you, whilst you get yourself registered, you nonce ;)

Well correct me if i am wrong, but don't you own an Nintendo Gamecube, and also don't you own a Nintendo DS Lite, which you had imported because they where not available at the time in the UK?

Let me hold the door open for you, whilst you get yourself registered, you nonce ;)

Holy crap im being stalked by a wii owning mentalist.... HELP....... :lol:

The wii is bound to be the nonces weapon of choice.

"come and play with my nunchuka" .... doesnt sound healthy that.

Your wrong about the ds. I bought that second hand .. ;)

Some stat's in response to the "But my overpriced monolithic slab of a ps3 has only been out six months!" argument:

Comparative sales figures of current consoles from exactly six months after launch of each:

* Wii (2,470,000)

* PS2 (2,200,000)

* Xbox (1,900,000)

* GameCube (1,540,000)

* Xbox 360 (1,384,000)

* PS3 (1,271,000)

Sadly the ps3's arse is getting handed to it compared to every other console launch, including the gamecube.

* Wii (2,470,000)

* PS2 (2,200,000)

* Xbox (1,900,000)

* GameCube (1,540,000)

* Xbox 360 (1,384,000)

* PS3 (1,271,000)

629,000 behind the 360 - considering the price difference and bad press that sounds about right - still enough sold for the console to survive methinks.

Thanks Statto...

Latest PLAYSTATION®3 Firmware Update Provides PlayStation®, PlayStation®2 and DVD Upscaling

Remote Play on PSP™(PlayStation®Portable) via the Internet and DLNA transfer of media content also enabled

London, 24 May 2007 – Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) announced today availability of the latest version of the PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) firmware. Version 1.80 features upscaling of PlayStation® and PlayStation®2 games, and DVD movies up to full 1080p HD resolution when viewed on a compatible HD TV set.

The capability to upscale DVDs to HD quality is a feature normally only associated with top range DVD players, and its inclusion in the latest firmware upgrade now allows PS3 owners with an existing DVD collection to dramatically1 enhance the viewing pleasure of their DVD collection when viewed through a compatible HD TV set. Not only are DVD movies enhanced to full 1080p HD quality but so too will PlayStation 2 and PlayStation games be upscaled to provide much improved gaming pleasure.

In a comprehensive update to PS3's already impressive capabilities, Version 1.80 also allows users to enjoy Remote Play on their PSP across the internet, allowing them to access their PS3 anywhere in the world where a broadband internet connection is available2.

Version 1.80 also allows users on a home network to seamlessly view and play rich media content such as images, music and video on their PS3, that is stored on their DLNA3 enabled devices such as PCs and laptops elsewhere in the house, reinforcing PS3's credentials as a home entertainment hub that truly deserves pride of place in the Living Room.

A host of other enhancements includes the ability to print photo images stored on PS3's hard disk drive or inserted storage media to a selection of Epson printers via USB connection.

PS3 owners will be able to upgrade their PS3 with the latest Version 1.80 firmware from 24th May 2007.

Notes:

1. DVD-ROM (including DVD Video content) can only be upscaled with HDMI compatible TV sets.

2. Use of Remote Play requires PS3 version 1.80 as well as PSP firmware version 3.50 which will be available at the end of May.

3. DLNA – Digital Living Network Alliance. For more info on DLNA, please see http://www.dlna.org/en/consumer/home

The DLNA stuff in particular is bloody interesting. Hopefully It'll mean the ps3 can be a proper media centre and not the gimped thing the 360 and PS3 are currently.

Archived