Ps3 Announced

the mo beats experience

Well the upscaling of the dvds is flipping brilliant.

Looks identical to my theatertek from my pc.

some measurebator website that measures all this kind of crap said the ps3 got 120 marks out of a possible 130 on the upscaling.

pretty impressive.

Upscaled gt4 looks really good too. havent tried pes6 yet tho.

Just about to try the streaming malarky.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really from what i've heard, all the games anybody would want to play are ok with the latest patch, haven't seen anyone moaning about it anyway, besides, i've not read that they're stopping working on BC anywhere, google us up a link please. Modern Combat, God of War2 and PES6 are all compatable. Won't be long before the new software starts to hit home and people forget all about the last gen games anyway.

Right got it all streaming good.

What do u want to know slimy slimy slim.

just gona find a hd clip see if it can handle that

im on wifi and its handling sds fine.

ps. when did sony confirm they werent updating the bc list? the previous update sorted out pro evo6 and gt4.

Right got it all streaming good.

What do u want to know slimy slimy slim.

Nowt really, I've had a mate try it out and it's pretty much the same as the 360's limited support. Nothing like as good as xmbc on a shitty old xbox1, so nowt there for me.

ps. when did sony confirm they werent updating the bc list? the previous update sorted out pro evo6 and gt4.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/sony/180-firmware...lief-263774.php

Don't believe everything you read in the press. A quote, from a "source", read that shit in the papers every day.

Firmware 1.8 fixes a number of high profile games. Plus the upscaling of old games, you can't tell me they're going to waste time and money on that then put aside bc.

Kotaku are talking crap..

• 3 weeks later...
The Grand Theft Auto IV episodic content is exclusive to Xbox 360

Awww poor psthreetamax!

Whoopy do! The actual report says 'so far' and because they stated earlier in the year that the PS3 will have DLC for GTAIV I reckon it will eventually. Rockstar are still yet to comment. In the same financial report it also indicates that Rockstar's LA Noire will be PS3 exclusive.

On another note I have been playing with the PS3's DLNA media server program and it works a treat. All the PC's in my house now are available and it's a joy just to hook up as they serve music, videos and picture to the Playstation. Simple quick and efficient setup. It just works really well.

Reviews of Playstations upcoming HOME network have been good. Although not my bag on first look, from in-depth reviews I can see this one being a winner for Sony. Especially withe the mySpace/texting online generation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRb-mCsHQ0c

http://www.homebetatrial.com/

Little Big Planet is also getting rave reviews as a network community game: http://www.mediamolecule.com/games.html

Oh and production of blue laser LED is on the up so forecasters are expecting a price drop by late summer and another one for the pre-christmas sales making the PS3 more accessable to purchase. I expect a surge in sales over that period, especially with the good titles up for release late this year.

"psthreetamax" very unoriginal slim and a tad boring now.

In relation to a 360 how noisy is the PS3?

I have already bought a HDDVD player, but if I feel the need for BluRay, can a PS3 sit as a media source without sounding like a shuttle is taking off?

Also, does TT Superbikes run on it?

I have already bought a HDDVD player, but if I feel the need for BluRay, can a PS3 sit as a media source without sounding like a shuttle is taking off?

It's unnoticeable. A *lot* quieter than the 360, so much so that a 360 sounds even louder next to it.

Yes it does.

It is almost silent. As a media source over DLNA it is excellent - http://www.dlna.org/en/consumer/home

I haven't dug out my copy of TT superbikes and tried it yet. I'll try tomorrow, but official source says:

TT Superbikes

Publisher: Take 2 InteractiveProduct No: SLUS-20912

Description: No major problems for this title.

http://www.us.playstation.com/Support/CompatibleStatus

Out of interest for those with noisy 360's, do you have it horizontal or vertical?

From what I've been told it's a lot noisier if it's stood vertically, also the 360 has been known to scratch discs if it's stood vertically.

Whoopy do! The actual report says 'so far' and because they stated earlier in the year that the PS3 will have DLC for GTAIV I reckon it will eventually. Rockstar are still yet to comment.

Not for 2008, so it's two years away at the earliest.

On another note I have been playing with the PS3's DLNA media server program and it works a treat. All the PC's in my house now are available and it's a joy just to hook up as they serve music, videos and picture to the Playstation. Simple quick and efficient setup. It just works really well.

It works, but not really well. There's nothing that touches XBMC, not even close.

"psthreetamax" very unoriginal slim and a tad boring now.

It's fucked for now, the ps3. Flat sales. 8 to 1 sales wii to ps3, It'll continue to sell utterly utterly shit until there's a price drop and more than one good game.

It works, but not really well. There's nothing that touches XBMC, not even close.

Rumour has it that XBMC developers are porting to linux so it can be used on other platforms - namely PS3 & Apple TV. They already have the inteface working in Ubuntu Feisty, so getting it over to Yellow Dog Linux for PS3 is only a matter of time.

Archived