Ps3 Announced

the mo beats experience

Rumour has it that XBMC developers are porting to linux so it can be used on other platforms - namely PS3 & Apple TV. They already have the inteface working in Ubuntu Feisty, so getting it over to Yellow Dog Linux for PS3 is only a matter of time.

That's great news if they pull it off. Last thing I'd do is run it on a ps3 though, a cheap PC costs a fraction of that rip off thing.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's great news if they pull it off. Last thing I'd do is run it on a ps3 though, a cheap PC costs a fraction of that rip off thing.

Oh well, then it's all a matter of opinion. I don't feel ripped off with the PS3, but I had the spare cash and I've got what I wanted.

You are right a cheap PC will run the same if thats what you want to do. At work we just use a Mac Mini to serve as a media player for our client area. Picking up media from the network upstairs.

Oh well, then it's all a matter of opinion. I don't feel ripped off with the PS3, but I had the spare cash and I've got what I wanted.

I think the ps3 is a research project for an impending japanese invasion. They're trying to find our weak spots by locating the stupidest people in our population who are prepared to pay half a grand for a console.

In relation to a 360 how noisy is the PS3?

Also, does TT Superbikes run on it?

I haven't dug out my copy of TT superbikes and tried it yet. I'll try tomorrow, but official source says:

Does it look any better with the upscaling?

In relation to a 360 how noisy is the PS3?

I have already bought a HDDVD player, but if I feel the need for BluRay, can a PS3 sit as a media source without sounding like a shuttle is taking off?

Also, does TT Superbikes run on it?

It's unnoticeable. A *lot* quieter than the 360, so much so that a 360 sounds even louder next to it.

Yes it does.

Ace, cheers ta.

<checks funds> hmm - wont be this month tho :(

Nothing wrong with playing older games on a new console.

Game Cube games on the Wii are fantastic, and I still play the odd XBOX game on the 360.

Sure, but it's nice to have the choice of some new ones too eh?

Archived