Ps3 Announced

the mo beats experience

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
See sony has confirmed a price cut today.

As to the blu ray thing, who gives a fuck? It's a games console not a movie player. If you had some games to play in it, you wouldn't care about movies.

It's a Games console that uses Blu-Ray tech for it's disks. The fact that movies are on that media as well is just a bonus. I only have one BluRay film and that was a freebie from sony. I'm not interested in the movies as yet and I'm happy to wait for the games. Plenty to do this summer thanks....

It's a Games console that uses Blu-Ray tech for it's disks. The fact that movies are on that media as well is just a bonus. I only have one BluRay film and that was a freebie from sony. I'm not interested in the movies as yet and I'm happy to wait for the games. Plenty to do this summer thanks....

So by your own admission, your post in this tread is of no significance? Good, glad we got that one sorted out.

So by your own admission, your post in this tread is of no significance? Good, glad we got that one sorted out.

And your post in this thread was significant because?

My 'thread' relates to the PS3, you know the console with an included BluRay player. My personal movie purchasing habits are not the issue and I doubt will have an effect on sales of the PS3. Blockbusters decision might have and so it's of significance n'est pas?

Good, glad we got that one sorted out.

I know you're stupid, because you paid for a ps3, blah blah...

Surely only poor people say that....? I have money to burn so it doesn't bother me, I bought one because I saw it and it looked shiny, like my new TV. The wii has been relegated to the kids room coz it's poo and clearly made for under 9s and the 360 is in the shed because that is soooo last year.

:P

More news from the front

Japanese economic news source Nikkei.Net is reporting what most of us already know: big third party publishers are shifting their focus from Sony Computer Entertainment to Nintendo Co., Ltd. With the DS and the Wii doing major business, this shift should not come as a surprise. The article points out that Bandai Namco and Sega have doubled the amount of Nintendo-geared software during fiscal 2007 compared to the previous year. Likewise, Capcom has slated more games for Nintendo than for Sony

I notice that xbox 360 sales are also up 200% in japan too..

In more news

Nintendo now officially worth more than Sony.

070624printsmoney.jpg

We knew Nintendo was closing in on Sony in terms of market value before, but now the line has been crossed. Nintendo Co. Ltd. shares were up 1.5% to ¥46,150 early on Monday (remember, they’re ahead of us). Its overall market value rose to ¥6.54 trillion (US$53 billion). In comparison, Sony Corp. shares fell 1.1% to ¥6,480, the company’s market value now totaling ¥6.50 trillion.

As a result, Nintendo is now in the Top 10 companies in market value in Japan for the first time ever. Among those on the list are Toyota Motor Corp., Honda Motor Co. Ltd., and Canon Inc.

What you're saying, is that only a complete and utter retard would buy a PS3?

I only know of one person who bought one, and he's the type who didn't need to buy an extra controller, if you know what I mean.

What you're saying, is that only a complete and utter retard would buy a PS3?

I only know of one person who bought one, and he's the type who didn't need to buy an extra controller, if you know what I mean.

Your better being billy no mates with a ps3 than a paedo with a wii.

Since this is a thread about the ps3 and not how many 360s are selling or how many nonces have bought the wii.

I might as well post some good news about the ps3.

They have announced there will be 200 games released between now and march 2008!!

Sounds a bold statement so we will see.

The main one for me is (since all ps3 games are region free) Winning Eleven 11 is out in August!!! I cannot wait

Your better being billy no mates with a ps3 than a paedo with a wii.

You pretty much remove any credability you had with a line like that.

They have announced there will be 200 games released between now and march 2008!!

Sounds a bold statement so we will see.

The main one for me is (since all ps3 games are region free) Winning Eleven 11 is out in August!!! I cannot wait

And the quote turned out to be Sony bollocks, a Sony Playstation US PR rep has clarified those numbers for the US market, saying that the actual number of boxed PS3 games will be 105 before March with just 40 PS3 downloadable games. So only 100% wrong then, close!

Of course, vapourwear doesn't count for anything no matter what the numbers, what matters is what you can buy and play now. Here's this month Edge scores:

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl (DS) - 8

Forza Motorsport 2 (360) - 9

Colin McRae: Dirt (360) - 8

Spider-man 3 (360) - 3

Wartech: Senko No Rondo (360) - 7

Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End (PS3) - 3

Mercury Meltdown Revolution (Wii) - 8

Crush (PSP) - 7

Hot Pxl (PSP) - 4

Driver '76 (PSP) - 7

Panel De Pon (DS) - 8

Picross DS (DS) - 8

Oh dear PS3, half a grand for the console and the one game this month scores 3/10.

Anyway, I can barely type today from trying to beat fucking Chopleys score in Pac Man CE on xbox live, the fucking cheating shite!

the actual number of boxed PS3 games will be 105 before March

So in the next nine monmths, you can expect approx 11 games a month.

Assuming a dross game,good game ratio of 10:1 , you'll get ONE decent game a month to play.

My, I wish I was lucky enough to have that to look forward to :P

3months into the 360s life there was even less games. so whats your point.

half a grand for the console? you shop in an expensive place.

and quoting edge scores on games is like saying we should listen to michael barrymore on how to throw parties.

IE. You would listen to them if you were some sort of freak.

Come back when you know what your on about.

mbx.. i dont need 1 game every whatever. What im having is the best Pro evo and i would pay 10k for a console to play the best pro evo. end of story.

I do agree tho there is only motorstorm and gt hd to play on it at the moment.. but im in no hurry.. the great games are coming .. im not going to cry in my pants cus they aint here now.

3months into the 360s life there was even less games. so whats your point.

It's been out for nearly 9 months, remember how you were bragging it's not regional?

and quoting edge scores on games is like saying we should listen to michael barrymore on how to throw parties.

Ahh, so edge are wrong and Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End is a good game? You going to be buying that one then?

Archived