Ps3 Announced

the mo beats experience

Not that interesting

While it may not be interesting to you, it's certainly going to be of interest to the people that make the games for consoles. They'll flock to make games for the largest consumer base and if that trend continues, it wont be economically viable for them to develop your beloved Pro Evo for the PS3.

Which leaves you with an expensive Blu-Ray player... but that's another discussion ;)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not that interesting

While it may not be interesting to you, it's certainly going to be of interest to the people that make the games for consoles. They'll flock to make games for the largest consumer base and if that trend continues, it wont be economically viable for them to develop your beloved Pro Evo for the PS3.

Which leaves you with an expensive Blu-Ray player... but that's another discussion ;)

Its a f*cking good blu-ray player tho. B)

Seriously though, is it that expensive? It's one of the cheapest Blu-Ray players I've come across (not that I've looked into it that in depth) most seem to range from £450 to £600, a couple of them are over £1k!! So as a Blu-Ray player, the ps3 is a good buy, as a next gen console with Blu-Ray, it's an even better buy.

I'm probably opening a huge can of worms here but I've got a bit of spare cash at the moment and want to play a new console. The Wii looks fun but I suspect I lose interest in it after a while, so its between the PS3 (I've got a PS2 at the moment) and Xbox 360. I mostly like playing football games, war based first player shooters and some racing games. I'd like to play online as well. What do people recommend?

Your right about the wii, it'll be fun for about half an hpur and then the novelty will wear off, unless off course you are 9 years old and you'll love it ;)

Can't comment on the ps3 as i haven't seen one, but i've got a 360 and for what you want it's ideal, excellent online gaming and big selection of games which are now becoming cheaper and cheaper

I'm probably opening a huge can of worms here but I've got a bit of spare cash at the moment and want to play a new console. The Wii looks fun but I suspect I lose interest in it after a while, so its between the PS3 (I've got a PS2 at the moment) and Xbox 360. I mostly like playing football games, war based first player shooters and some racing games. I'd like to play online as well. What do people recommend?

As of right now get a 360. You have pes6 best footy game, you have 1.2 billion first person shooters and u have forza2 on the 360.

Then sell it next year for a ps3 when pes7, gt5 , cod4 etc are out on it.

Xbox looks like a winner to me as you can get some good deals at the moment. However, I do like the PS2 so reckon the PS3 could be good. I know the price of the PS3 will drop in time but I'm too impatient.

How does online play work on an Xbox, is there a subscription fee?

Any ideas where the best deals for a system are at the moment?

Xbox looks like a winner to me as you can get some good deals at the moment. However, I do like the PS2 so reckon the PS3 could be good. I know the price of the PS3 will drop in time but I'm too impatient.

How does online play work on an Xbox, is there a subscription fee?

Any ideas where the best deals for a system are at the moment?

Choices uk have some good deals on premium xbox360 consoles with games bundled in Clicky or you can get just the premium package from play.com for £229 Here.

The xbox live subscription is £34.99 for 12 months.

you can get just the premium package from play.com for £229 Here.

I'm very tempted by that premium setup, is that the best Xbox 360 setup you can buy at the moment?

It is at the moment, bargain at that price.

They will be bringing out anXbox360 elite the difference being it has a bigger hard drive, a hdmi port and it's black.

Not really worth the extra money imo.

They will be bringing out anXbox360 elite the difference being it has a bigger hard drive, a hdmi port and it's black.

Not bothered what colour it is and I doubt the hard drive thing will be an issue. Does the existing Xbox not support hdmi or is an issue of buying the right cables?

Not bothered what colour it is and I doubt the hard drive thing will be an issue. Does the existing Xbox not support hdmi or is an issue of buying the right cables?

It doesn't have hdmi output but has a component hd cable supplied

360's the only choice if you like racers and shooters. Wii's top if you like unusual jap games and don't have stupid pig headedness that means bright colours = kids game. PS3 is just too expensive for the games that are out right now, it's shit value for money.

Worth warning though, the 360 is fucking noisy and can be unreliable. Mine crashed twice last night.

Worth warning though, the 360 is fucking noisy and can be unreliable. Mine crashed twice last night.

Aye,

One of the xbox mags said 75% of their office staffs 360s have had the 3 red lights!!!!

Thats one of the things the ps3 has got right. build quality. just have to wait for the games now. ;)

Archived