Ps3 Announced

the mo beats experience

360's the only choice if you like racers and shooters. Wii's top if you like unusual jap games and don't have stupid pig headedness that means bright colours = kids game. PS3 is just too expensive for the games that are out right now, it's shit value for money.

Worth warning though, the 360 is fucking noisy and can be unreliable. Mine crashed twice last night.

I'll agree insofar as the game choices for PS3 are virtually non-existent. You'll have Resistance:FoM, Motorstorm, Rainbow six and that's really about it, 360 has way more games plus Forza, which will beat the any PS3 racing games, at least until the next Gran Turismo IMO (March 2008...maybe). I can't comment about online 360 play, people have remarked that it's more difficult or time consuming or harder to set up a game for online play on the PS3 compared to the 360 but I haven't found that to be the case, I think it largely depends on the game as to how easy it is to get in to it online, R:FoM is a piece of piss, just select 'multiplayer online' and you're off!

I don't agree with the PS3 being shit value for money. How many games are you going to buy and play in the first 3 months anyway? I have 4 on disc and 5 or 6 downloads, I'm yet to get bored of any of them. I'll probably buy a game a month looking at what's coming up but the limited choice doesn't bother me at the moment and (I hope!!) it will pick up.

It depends what you want for your money. If you want a console to play games and nothing more, go for the 360 as it is a better value console. If you want wireless internet connection, plus a Blu-Ray player, go for the PS3. A HD DVD player for a 360 will set you back almost £110 and a wireless adapter will be another £50-55 so it'll cost you back £380 to get it to do the same as a PS3 (other than the HDD) and then you'll have loads of wires and extra bits cluttering the place up. You also than have your Live subscription on top of that (all games are free online with PS3), which along with the extra 40gb of HD space as standard in the PS3, I'd say it is better value.

Not to mention the noise the 360 makes "Is that a plane taking off? Oh no, just my big, fat, white brick starting up. Are all those red lights supposed to flash like that? Oh. It's broke" :P The PS3 is only young so it may not last longer than 8 months, who knows, it may get noisier too but at the moment I have no complaints about the system. Other than I'd like some better titles

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I've gone and ordered an Xbox 360 (with 20GB hard drive, wireless controller, ethernet cable, HD AV cable and headset), an additional wireless controller, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas (Xbox 360) for £295.12 from Amazon.

I want a good football game and a good driving game, any recommendations?

Well, I've gone and ordered an Xbox 360 (with 20GB hard drive, wireless controller, ethernet cable, HD AV cable and headset), an additional wireless controller, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas (Xbox 360) for £295.12 from Amazon.

Forza, PGR and Pro Evo.

Argh, get Gears!

flatout ultimate carnage has gotten some good reviews ( more arcadey than forza ), and i have it on good authority that the darkness is excellent...COD3 is great, I can't recommend Rainbow6 LV enough, one of the best tactical shooters i've ever played ( online and offline ).

FLIS i'd love to come round and see the PS3 in action, i'll bring round a bottle of wine ( or 2 ) and see what its all about! :D

edited to add.

I don't really have any complaints about the noise coming from my 360, occassionally it will make an ungodly sound ( usually when stopping a DVD ) but other than that I just turn the volume up on the game...

I don't really have any complaints about the noise coming from my 360, occassionally it will make an ungodly sound ( usually when stopping a DVD ) but other than that I just turn the volume up on the game...

I only really notice the noise in Gears, as that spins the disk constantly. Forza is quiet, loads the tracks in then shuts the drive down. Anything played off Live is quiet too.

Anyone who says the wii is just for kids has no mates. It's a right fucking laugh pissed up at a party.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=78471 :)

Incidently, have you seen Namco's future lineup:

Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation (Xbox 360)

Beautiful Katamari (Xbox 360)

Culdcept SAGA (Xbox 360)

Digimon World: Dawn/Digimon World: Dusk (DS)

Digimon World Data Squad (PS2)

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam (PS3, Xbox 360)

Eternal Sonata (Xbox 360)

.hack//G.U. Vol. 3 Redemption (PS2)

Namco Museum DS (DS)

Namco Museum REMIX (Wii)

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Heroes (PSP)

Naruto: Uzumaki Chronicles 2 (PS2)

Smash Court Tennis 3 (PSP)

Soul Calibur Legends (Wii)

Space Station Tycoon (Wii)

Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology (PSP)

Time Crisis 4 (PS3)

Katamari 360 exclusive, wooty!

Sony claims its PS3 console stock is much more reliable, that might have something to do with the fact it sits on a store shelf and never gets plugged in.

Sony claims its PS3 console stock is much more reliable, that might have something to do with the fact it sits on a store shelf and never gets plugged in.

Or that the 360 is so massively unreliable that sonys claim is a nice safe one for them. When you get your hands on a ps3 you will see it is an extremely well made machine. You get what you pay for.

If this chronic reliability was the main player (Ie sony) rather than the weaker underdog .. everyone would be going nuts.

On that namco list the only thing interesting is ace combat 6.. the rest is a pile of cr4p wtf are namco upto.

Archived