Ps3 Announced

the mo beats experience

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, 34 pages of "My toy is better than your toy"....I bet you lot used to argue over whether Beach Barbie* was better than Prom Barbie*

*I made them up, having only ever pulled the head off a Barbie/Cindy, I wasn't arsed what it was called.

cindy always ruled over barbie... :P

Wow, 34 pages of "My toy is better than your toy"....I bet you lot used to argue over whether Beach Barbie* was better than Prom Barbie*

*I made them up, having only ever pulled the head off a Barbie/Cindy, I wasn't arsed what it was called.

I thought it was more like.

- someone says something about a ps3 game looking good etc.

- 10 reply posts from the anti sony crew (slim,chopley/fulcrum,leeiom,droid etc) saying how well the wii is selling in nigeria this week or how the 360 is better cus it has a 3 year warranty now. :rolleyes:

I see id Software's 'Rage' is going one disc blu-ray over 2 DVD's for other platforms.

Trailer looks sweet though...

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/48289

"Willits told us that the game will feature a mix of about 60-percent first-person shooting action and about 40-percent combat, though the game will also feature what Carmack calls "adventure elements" as well. It's the kind of game where Willits said that you can stop your vehicle at any time, get out, and explore. The size of the game's world will be positively huge. Carmack noted during his keynote that the game has about 80GB of uncompressed data, and even compressed it will fill up two full DVDs for the PC, Mac, and Xbox 360 versions, and one Blu-ray disc for the PS3 version."

wow looks fookin amazing... :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
just a quick question regarding the PS3, i've currently got my 360 running through a 19" widescreen TFT monitor, I had to purchase a hi-def VGA cable for this, can you get these cables for the PS3?

Nope. VGA isn't an option on the ps3.

HDMI ftw baby!

so let me get this straight, the machine costs a fortune and if i'm gonna get one i've gotta fork out and buy a brand new fookin TV!?!? jesus... Oh well thanks for the info folks...unless there a way to transfer HDMI to VGA?

so let me get this straight, the machine costs a fortune and if i'm gonna get one i've gotta fork out and buy a brand new fookin TV!?!? jesus... Oh well thanks for the info folks...unless there a way to transfer HDMI to VGA?

I guess it's not unreasonable to expect folks buying a ps3 to already have hdmi given the cost of the thing. It'll do hdmi or component, but you have to buy the component cable, it's not included like the 360.

HDMI to VGA is expensive, you're going digital to analog, it's going to be lossy too. A hmdi to vga converter realistically will cost more than your 19" screen.

Heavenly Sword out in couple of weeks, if that doesn't wet thy appetite nowt will brudda.

Button mashing combat against endless waves of enemies interrupted by the odd interactive cinematic..been there done that in God of War. Certainly doesn't entice me to get a mortgage for a ps3.

Archived