Ps3 Announced

the mo beats experience

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I find it quite staggering how, 41 pages in, the Xbox guys still rant and rave like demented wazzags any time anyone dares to post something pro-playstation in a playstation thread. As soon as they can they fly in, quotes/links ablazing, furiously pulling the head off it about how their machine is the best when in fact the only thing that is better about it is the games are in plentiful supply. But the PS3 is starting to build up a repetoire of its own now, so that argument will be futile shortly. Also completely ignoring the fact that the Xbox with all the trimmings, or even half the trimmings and having to pay to play online costs a fair wedge, yet saying the playstation is a rip off? There's probably about 30 quid in it! :lol:

I find it quite staggering that you can complain abou console advocasy, then dive into some console advocasy? You're the only one permitted to do this some how?

Although i'm not really am i?

30 quid my arse, I paid 250 for my xbox premium with 3 games, and nowt more. Got me live sub free with some offer, and I have a network point and dont want a hd dvd. So that's not 30 quid is it? A ps3 would have cost me 200 quid more, and the games would have been crapper. Bargain.

Good for you, bollocks most of it i'll wager, but nice try. 40 sheets then.

<retreats back into his:can't be arsed arguing with gimps who know everything:mode>

im with you on that mo.......been fun just watching this thread

wrong.

All thats happened is some1 has managed to get some basic PS2 homebrew running on the ps3 using an old ps2 demo disc.

Hmm, think you're wrong, there's plenty of demos showing psx games running on it using the tiff exploit. Doesn't seem to use a ps2 disk, you sure we're talking about the same thing?

Anyways, looks like spanna was kinda right but also wrong about the rock band wireless controller shit. It's pretty fucking complex:

ps3 will get wireless guitars in the launch pack and you can buy em solo

360 wont get wireless guitars in the launch pack but you can buy em solo

GH3 wireless guitars will work with the 360 rock band

On both systems, the drums and mic will be wired

Phew!

The tiff exploit is there and does cause some strange behaviour but at the moment no backups have been run using it.

It will let you swap discs but only for an original one.

Only seen the vid that's doing the rounds, but that shows a psx copy running on it.

Ive seen the vid. It shows an original psx disc being swapped for another psx disc during the start up process. Its made out to actually be a backup but it's supposedly "Breaker Pro" which was some sort of legitamate cheat disc used with the swap trick on the original psx

http://www.ps3hax.net/ would be one of the first to know if any backups or iso's were used on the ps3 and as of yet they havent been

wrong.

All thats happened is some1 has managed to get some basic PS2 homebrew running on the ps3 using an old ps2 demo disc.

Hmm, think you're wrong, there's plenty of demos showing psx games running on it using the tiff exploit. Doesn't seem to use a ps2 disk, you sure we're talking about the same thing?

Anyways, looks like spanna was kinda right but also wrong about the rock band wireless controller shit. It's pretty fucking complex:

ps3 will get wireless guitars in the launch pack and you can buy em solo

360 wont get wireless guitars in the launch pack but you can buy em solo

GH3 wireless guitars will work with the 360 rock band

On both systems, the drums and mic will be wired

Phew!

Arghghg decisions decisions. Im edging to ps3 rockband and 360 gh3. hmmmm tricky.

Is the prices up yet? Rumours of around £150 for the launchpack was what I last heard but that was a while ago

There's never a bus when you want one and then they all come along at once...

November looks to be an expensive month, these are the games I want let alone others that are coming out:

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Release Date: November 4

Army of Two - Release Date: November 14

Assassin's Creed - Release Date: November 14

Kane and Lynch: Dead Men - Release Date: November 14

Haze - Release Date: November 19

Unreal Tournament III - Release Date: November 19

Rock Band - Release Date: November 20

Time Crisis 4 - Release Date: November 21

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - Release Date: November 21

Oh and thats after I've bought Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction and ISS Pro Evo in October - bah!

There's never a bus when you want one and then they all come along at once...

November looks to be an expensive month, these are the games I want let alone others that are coming out:

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Release Date: November 4

Army of Two - Release Date: November 14

Assassin's Creed - Release Date: November 14

Kane and Lynch: Dead Men - Release Date: November 14

yup sure is gonna be expensive, add for the 360 : mass effect, Halo3, HalfLife2 Orange Box and Skate ( ok out the end of this month )...

This really is one of the most exciting times to be into videogames, and looking forward it looks like it's only gonna get better ( GTAIV instantly springs to mind ).

a bit quiet in the office today so was just checking out what was coming out on the PS3 in the near future, happened across this nifty looking title " White Knight Story ", done by the guys at Level5 ( dark cloud & rogue galaxy on ps2 ), got to admit i'm very impressed...another reason why I will be picking up a ps3 come xmas!

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/734/734330p1.html

a bit quiet in the office today so was just checking out what was coming out on the PS3 in the near future, happened across this nifty looking title " White Knight Story ", done by the guys at Level5 ( dark cloud & rogue galaxy on ps2 ), got to admit i'm very impressed...another reason why I will be picking up a ps3 come xmas!

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/734/734330p1.html

You crazy fool, waiting until there's actually some decent games to play before buying a PS3?

Madness!

Archived