Ps3 Announced

the mo beats experience

Internet connection - ENABLED

Connection Method - WIRED CONNECTION

Speed + Duplex - AUTO-DECTECT

Address settings - AUTOMATIC

IP Address - 192.168.1.254

Subnet mask - 255.255.255.0

Default Router - 192.***.*.*** ( this is correct as per the manual that came with the router )

Primary DNS - 195.10.102.11

Secondary DNS - 195.10.102.12

MAC address - 00:19:C5:A6:E9:1A

MTU - AUTOMATIC

Proxy server - DO NOT USE

UPnP - AVAILABLE

The Router is a BILLION BiPAC 52005200S - £30 from Waltons Digital world.

The default IP address on the Billion routers I have used (BiPac 7404s etc) is 192.168.1.254. If that is the case - it would suggest you have given your PS3 the IP of your router.. Easiest thing to do is check the settings on your PC, I would guess the default router\gateway is .254.

EDIT - it would be slightly odd though if the Billion is handing out addresses?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sounds like an IP conflict like concrete said above, the IP address and default router/gateway must be different, otherwise that's the same config i used to get my relatives PS3 hooked up on my network here and it worked fine

Slightly off topic, but I went to buy my shiny new PS3 today. Where do you actuallly get to see one of these working? I tried all the usual shops and before I fork out £425.00 of my hard earned cash I want to see it in action.

Are these as good as people say? What are the graphics like - is there much improvement over my PS2 on my HD TV or should I wait?

Please advise my pocket is on fire.

Slightly off topic, but I went to buy my shiny new PS3 today. Where do you actuallly get to see one of these working? I tried all the usual shops and before I fork out £425.00 of my hard earned cash I want to see it in action.

Are these as good as people say? What are the graphics like - is there much improvement over my PS2 on my HD TV or should I wait?

Wait. At least a month until some proper games are out. If you can comfortably wait a month, try holding out until Xmas time, you might find some good bundle deals then.

It is immeasurably better then the PS2. Remember playing Tomb Raider on the PS1 and thinking it was amazing? Then remember playing the PS2 version and nearly wetting your pants at the graphics compared to PS1? Well, PS2 to PS3 is even better then that. You may actually wet yourself.

If you want to, y'know, actually play some games, a 360 Elite would be a far more sensible option.

The PS3 is a very nice piece of kit, but it's suffering from a dreadful lack of decent games (and the good games it does have, are out on the 360 as well anyway).

I wonder how many people opt for the PS3 purely because of the track record of the PS1 and PS2? I think many is the answer.

I think this time round things are very different due to there being less exclusive games.

It's still too early to call anything but currently I think to have either you'd be very lucky and happy with but for price the 360 currently makes the most sense.

• 2 weeks later...
chartda9.gif

That's actually quite funny spanna, I award you 8/10.

(Doesn't change the fact that 360 owners are positively spoiled for choice when it comes to games at the moment, and PS3 owners are still wetting their knickers over the prospect of possibly being able to play MGS4 sometime in the year 2012.)

Link please....

It's covered on a few sites. Only 2 USB's too, apparently.

From what I could see, nothing actually confirmed. Ooh, only 2 USB's....it's like the Core vs Premium really isn't it. So it loses HDMI and 2 USB ports, I'm not sure about how they could remove the compatibility as you'd think the guts of the machine would essentially be the same thing. But if they do and you want to play your PS2 games on your PS3, then you'd buy a 60gb one. It's not difficult and not as bad as you're trying to make out then, eh?

Archived