Ps3 Announced

the mo beats experience

(Doesn't change the fact that 360 owners are positively spoiled for choice when it comes to games at the moment, and PS3 owners are still wetting their knickers over the prospect of possibly being able to play MGS4 sometime in the year 2012.)

Your palms must be bleeding by now, stop it, you'll do your hernia.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All the links are rumours at the moment I can't find any confirmation. Fancy that tho producing different spec machines at different prices... it would never work...

A lower price point version of the ps2 is a good idea, sure, but removing BC, if true, is a mistake. You've already got a console with fuck all games, but that's ok, you've a massive back catalog of ps2 shit to enjoy. Except you might not have...

Meanwhile, Play are flogging 360 premiums for 199, which makes even the wii look expensive!

Has anyone noticed that completely removing the PS2 BC from the PS3 apparently lowers the price by more than it actually costs to buy a new PS2?

Sony could retain the PS2 BC and lower the price of the PS3 quite substantially if they literally just sellotaped a PS2 to the fucking thing.

Do Sony actually have any marbles left to lose now, or are they well and truly in the Cuckoo's Nest with old Jack and friends?

Do Sony actually have any marbles left to lose now, or are they well and truly in the Cuckoo's Nest with old Jack and friends?

Bizzare innit? I like the way the new EA games are going, 60 fps xbox 360 versions and <30 fps PS3 versions of NHL and madden. That's worth the double cost innit?

so where is the cheapest place to pick up a PS3...my new TV gets delivered tomorrow... :D

Amazon have them for £399 - but with the postal strike you'll probably have to wait.

Faze2 have a second hand one in the window - I'll check the price at lunchtime for you.

checked out the one in Faze 2 £295 with one controller and no games...i'm gonna be a good boy and wait for a while longer, but i'm definately not a fan of losing the backwards compatability as there are a couple of jrpg's that I want to get through...

Thanks for the info everyone, i'll keep on checkin

Pretty much the cheapest 'you can buy it rather than just pretend it exists like spanna does' price online is £399.

The ps3 in Faze2 is a Jap import one iirc.

Don't early Jap PS3s have full PS2 compatibility as they've got the emotion engine chip in them?

Might not be such a bad idea to get that one if anyone's in the market for a PS3, as Sony seem determined to eradicate BC from the entire PS3 range before too long.

checked out the one in Faze 2 £295 with one controller and no games...i'm gonna be a good boy and wait for a while longer, but i'm definately not a fan of losing the backwards compatability as there are a couple of jrpg's that I want to get through...

The rumoured 40Gb version of the PS3 might lose backwards compatability but the current 60Gb version is backwards compatible.You can check this link to see what games will work on PS3

http://faq.eu.playstation.com/bc/bcGames.htm

I got a link sent to me from hmv, they're doing a great deal atm, 2 controllers and 3 games for 399. Can't post the link cos my pootah is in storage.

The PS3 has three games out for it now? Things are definitely improving!

omg buy one now. The new Singstar is out....I'll be getting my copy asap. Unlucky husband!

So that's 4 games Chopsticks.

The rumoured 40Gb version of the PS3 might lose backwards compatability but the current 60Gb version is backwards compatible.You can check this link to see what games will work on PS3

http://faq.eu.playstation.com/bc/bcGames.htm

Pretty much confirmed now, and as I thought BC is still there as per European PAL 60GB PS3's which use software for BC rather than a chip anyway. Loses 2 USB ports and memory card reader (no biggy).

40Gb PS3 - £299

Normal PS3 will drop to £369 with shops selling for £349

http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/news/news.pht...-official.phtml

Archived