Ps3 Announced

the mo beats experience

10 million p'd off Xbox360 owners who have just found out that the only way of linking their glorified toaster (sorry games console) to their HD Tv is to buy a new machine.

What with glowing red hot Xbox's, uber-expensive incompatible PS3's, and lethal weapon hurling Wii's it looks like a good year for PC gaming. That is until you installing the rip-off, unstable, resource monster that is Vista. Oh sod it I'm going back to my Speccy and play Jet Set Willy.

Dont forget the 13month xbox360 deatharama!! That ms want 80 pound to fix!

Sounds like hundreds are dieing at 13 months. looking at the gaming forums.. not good at all

True spanna although I think Microsoft has been forced to extend the warranties on them now. The problem is due to the overheating of the chip, the fix is of course is rumored to be in the revised XBox360. So maybe this is yet another cunning plan to get everyone to by the revised XBox in 15 months time.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10 million p'd off Xbox360 owners who have just found out that the only way of linking their glorified toaster (sorry games console) to their HD Tv is to buy a new machine.

um, by component rgb maybe?....one of 2 forms of high def connections?..people forget that when the 360 came out there where more tv's with rgb than hdmi....and hdmi hasnt really done the ps3 favours with its fetish of downrezzing output if the tv is a couple of years old.....so your stunning 1080 game is downrezzed to 480i, so theres not much point of connecting the george foreman grill ( sorry ps3 :P) to a high def telly by hdmi

Thats right Slim you tell em. Down with discs, up with unfeasibly fast downloads, save the planet, derail the thread.

Um, if you try really hard to concentrate, you can see that the threads talking about justifying a ps3 purchase with Blu Ray. You'll also see that I made some other points in my post regarding the ps3 launch. You however didn't. If anyone's derailing the thread it's you eh?

Anyways, what price would the ps3 need to be to be an attractive buy? £299?

First reports on the software emulation compatability:

The list of games tested are claimed by Cynamite to be the top-twelve PS2 software titles, and are listed as followed:

# God of War
# MGS 2: Sons of Liberty
# MGS 3: Snake Eater
# Shadow of the Colossus
# Guitar Hero 2
# Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
# Okami
# GTA: Liberty City Stories
# Eragon
# Final Fantasy X-2
# Ratchet & Clank 3
# Lumines Plus

Its reported that only ONE of these twelve games operates properly - Eragon. All other titles refused to run, and referred the user to future software updates and the Sony Website to read the downward compatibility list.

Pretty grim, one working game, and the shitest one in the list.

Why buy a new machine to play old games? tbh. The only games i can see being a problem are pro evo and fifa if they aren't compatable yet because they aren't going next gen till oct. But upgrades in software are being made all the time anyway, so it probably won't be long before more games are BC.

Why buy a new machine to play old games? tbh.

Because theres a value in replaying old stuff if there's nothing new you want to play without having to drag your old console out. My kids play GBA stuff on their DS's al the time, same with Cube games on the wii. Backwards compatability isn't essential but it's deffo a nice to have.

keep your ps2 plugged in?

Its not like a slim ps2 is very big and it doesnt take it the same AV port as the ps3 so I cant see any problem whatsoever.

Aye, you could, but it's yet another box. Should I keep my GBA and Gamecube too? Plus they still have some value so are worth a flog.

Also, the upscaling is worthwhile too.

Archived