Ps3 Announced

the mo beats experience

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Dunno if anyone has mentioned this yet but have you seen the silly prices that 60gb PS3s are going for on Ebay?

People are getting £450+ fairly easily for a console with 2 or 3 games & a film or two - it's nuts!

At this rate I'll be tempted to get mine flogged and go straight out & get a 40gb version for £300 and another year of guarantee + a bit of extra cash that will help over Christmas!

Removing backwards compatability was a bloody stupid idea.

But they're focusing on the future, putting more money in to developing the games of tomorrow...blah, blah.

It wasn't the best idea in the world. It doesn't really affect me because I don't play ps2 games and up until recently, the 360 has provided a wide enough ranging spectrum of games for us to play while we get bored of playing the same 3 games on the ps3. Now there are a load more good games and a few great ones on the ps3, ps2 games do not even cross my mind. I think I'm more annoyed about the bullshit and contraditions sony keep spewing out than the fact BC has been removed. The lying, conning, Europe hating bastards.

Removing backwards compatability was a bloody stupid idea.

I agree, but I've still got my PS2 as it's not worth selling so it's not an issue.

Plus how many USB sockets do I really need on a console, I can share stuff over the network so no need for card slot, and I believe you can just swap the HDD for a bigger one anyway so it's all fine by me.

I agree, but I've still got my PS2 as it's not worth selling so it's not an issue.

Plus how many USB sockets do I really need on a console, I can share stuff over the network so no need for card slot, and I believe you can just swap the HDD for a bigger one anyway so it's all fine by me.

But the ps3 upscales. One of the things I fancy about the ps3 is the ability to play later top ps2 games like Okami and Final Fantasy Xii upscaled, but now I can't unless I find a 60gb.

USB sockets I'm not that bothered about, no, but still a bizzare decision to reduce them. How much money would that realistically have cost?

It doesn't really affect me because I don't play ps2 games...and...ps2 games do not even cross my mind.

You complete and utter liar...next time I wanna play Forza 2 on the TV but you make me sit in the cold playing on the monitor cos you're playing one of your 7 odd PS2 singstar games, Im gonna turn the PS3 off since you cant possibly be playing a PS2 game and the only reason it being on is to heat the house!

But the ps3 upscales. One of the things I fancy about the ps3 is the ability to play later top ps2 games like Okami and Final Fantasy Xii upscaled, but now I can't unless I find a 60gb.

Good point. I haven't actually used my PS2 for yonks, but I was quite happy with the quality of it when in use, and I haven't yet used a PS2 game on the PS3 so I don't think I'd miss anything. If that makes sense.

USB sockets I'm not that bothered about, no, but still a bizzare decision to reduce them. How much money would that realistically have cost?

Does seem odd - you'd think that redesigning it to remove a few minor bits would cost them a stack and not save a lot, but piss tons of prospective buyers off in the process.

It doesn't really affect me because I don't play ps2 games...and...ps2 games do not even cross my mind.

You complete and utter liar...next time I wanna play Forza 2 on the TV but you make me sit in the cold playing on the monitor cos you're playing one of your 7 odd PS2 singstar games, Im gonna turn the PS3 off since you cant possibly be playing a PS2 game and the only reason it being on is to heat the house!

lol Ooops...I forgot about them...Good job we've got a 60gb one then isn't it!

Looks like the ps3 is getting into its stride now.

Uncharted is genre leading imo.

Rockband is one of the best gaming experiences out there (cant import on 360 so its a win for the ps3 :P)

Singstar is great as always and singstore is working very nicely.

and now this!!

Famitsu scored Forza 2 36/40 and PGR4 33/40 - both extremely respectable scores. They have, however, scored GT5 Prologue 39/40 - that is 10, 10, 9 and 10.

(this is from Famitsu, probably the most respected games reviews in the entire world. )

Archived