Ps3 Announced

the mo beats experience

Looks like the ps3 is getting into its stride now.

Uncharted is genre leading imo.

Rockband is one of the best gaming experiences out there (cant import on 360 so its a win for the ps3 :P)

Singstar is great as always and singstore is working very nicely.

Uncharted certainly looks impressive, certainly the first game I've really wanted on the ps3, but genre leading? Which genre? Reports are it's far too short to be a true classic.

and now this!!

Famitsu scored Forza 2 36/40 and PGR4 33/40 - both extremely respectable scores. They have, however, scored GT5 Prologue 39/40 - that is 10, 10, 9 and 10.

(this is from Famitsu, probably the most respected games reviews in the entire world. )

So, GT5 isn't as good as Nintendogs according to Famitsu?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

according to sony, the real price of a ps3 is £614.98

529x318_ps3value.jpg

With the Christmas selling season now in full swing, Sony has launched a diagram to explain to potential buyers what its PlayStation 3 console includes and what it would cost if the components were bought separately.

According to the Sony diagram, buying an equivalent MP3 player would cost £190, the CD player would be £90, the DVD player would be £49.99 and the Blu-ray player would be £299.99. This means the real cost of the £299 console's components, according to Sony, is a staggering £614.98.

A spokesman said: "For the run-up to xmas we noticed many people are unaware of what a PlayStation 3 can do. The PS3 is more than just a gaming console - PS3 actually provides an all-in-one home entertainment system.

"So... with this in mind we have just created the diagram "What A PlayStation 3 Can Do". The diagram helps to visually illustrate the PS3's capabilities."

Never thought of carrying a ps3 on the bus in place of an ipod :huh:

and who would buy a blu ray player then a seperate dvd and cd player when that can do all 3?

Link to Full story

Uncharted certainly looks impressive, certainly the first game I've really wanted on the ps3, but genre leading? Which genre? Reports are it's far too short to be a true classic.

action adventure. It takes tomb raider style games into the next generation in every category IMO.

its about the right length , not too long to be boring/repetitive and not too short to be short changed.

action adventure. It takes tomb raider style games into the next generation in every category IMO.

its about the right length , not too long to be boring/repetitive and not too short to be short changed.

Does look like a good one, but what does it do that's next gen other than visuals?

Best Action Adventures are Ressie 4, Zelda, Splinter Cell, Okami, Prince of Persia, you're seriously saying Drakes is better than those? If so, you're on your own!

and now this!!

Famitsu scored Forza 2 36/40 and PGR4 33/40 - both extremely respectable scores. They have, however, scored GT5 Prologue 39/40 - that is 10, 10, 9 and 10.

(this is from Famitsu, probably the most respected games reviews in the entire world. )

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-92404.aspx

Reports that Japanese games magazine Famitsu has given Gran Turismo 5: Prologue a near-perfect score have proven to be false.

News broke yesterday that Weekly Famitsu had given GT5: Prologue – which is due to be released in its native Japan tomorrow – a highly impressive score of 39/40.

However, it now seems these claims were actually a load of porky pies, with Famitsu itself having not reviewed the game at all.

Does look like a good one, but what does it do that's next gen other than visuals?

Best Action Adventures are Ressie 4, Zelda, Splinter Cell, Okami, Prince of Persia, you're seriously saying Drakes is better than those? If so, you're on your own!

You mean in your opinion you think those are the best action adventures.

Wouldnt put zelda in action adventure. Theres elements of rpg in zelda. prince of persia was a platform game. Splinter cell is up there . Cant stand any of the resident evils. never played okami so unlike u i wont pass comment :P

The sound is a class above others in the genre (and sound is as important as visuals IMO). As is the plot and scripting. (Its very engrossing, more so than any game ive played like this) The controls are perfect for this type of game. Also little things that are often overlooked like the camera angle . It works so well you dont even notice it. i could waffle on and on but i want my tea.

I agree with IGN. 9/10 for me.

As for gt5p i saw that. but its obvious it was a fake cus gt5p is going to get 40/40 p.o.p. :lol:

Archived