Ps3 Announced

the mo beats experience

cod4 on 360 is horific too. and this is on the "quieter" elite. Lucky me walls are about 3 foot thick or im sure i would be getting some grief.

The elite isn't necessarily quieter, as the first load of em had the old chipset. To get a quieter 360, you need the falcon chipset in the newer machines.

[optimism]I guess there's a sticker on the box that tells you upfront what you're going to get?[/optimism]

"Daddy, will this games console make me and my sister go deaf?"

"Perhaps son, perhaps."

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[optimism]I guess there's a sticker on the box that tells you upfront what you're going to get?[/optimism]

"Perhaps son, perhaps."

You can check based on the batch number on the box. Any new pro or arcade should be falcon now, not sure about elites.

"Perhaps son, perhaps."

You can check based on the batch number on the box. Any new pro or arcade should be falcon now, not sure about elites.

Well thanks for fucking up my dystopian nightmare vision of the future!

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this on another forum, though it summed up this thread perfectly:

It should be obvious to everyone by now that the PS3 is the Death Star - the most powerful console in the galaxy, with the firepower to destroy an entire planet with its Blu Ray media and Cell Broadband Engine. However, as we all know, the more the Empire tightens its grip, the more systems will slip through its fingers. Which is where the Wii comes in - it's the X-Wing Fighter, much smaller, cheaper and laughably underpowered compared to its small-moon-sized enemy. However, it's also very agile and fun to fly, and is able to find weaknesses in the Death Star's defences, however small, and exploit them. The 360 is the Millennium Falcon: fast, noisy, and very entertaining. She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts, kid. It helps the Wii in the rebellion against the Empire by distracting Darth Vader at the crucial moment. And it breaks down a lot.

Oh and while I'm on, estimated December console sales figs uk:

Wii - 413,755

Xbox 360 - 274,654

PlayStation 3 - 206,017

Euro installed base as at Jan 2008:

Wii - 6,306,504

Xbox 360 - 5,136,200

PlayStation 3 - 3,532,169

Jap 2007 figures:

Nintendo DS: 7,143,702 (Lifetime sales: 21,105,472)

PSP: 3,022,659 (Lifetime sales: 7,535,313)

Wii: 3,629,361 (Lifetime sales: 4,618,479)

PlayStation 3: 1,206,347 (Lifetime sales: 1,673,063)

Xbox 360: 257,841 (Lifetime sales: 548,308)

And finally:

http://pizdaus.com/pics/yPzVdQxiqvmp2KjMyx.jpg

Archived