Ps3 Announced

the mo beats experience

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hardly pedantic if you're wrong.

Yes Slime. Teachers are wrong and your right.. :rolleyes:

He is though: the two spaces thing is just a stylistic convention influenced by typography and publishing concerns (and is still subject to debate), not a grammatical rule.

Anyway, that's besides the point. Why can't you lovely fellows just ignore your differences and unite in the knowledge that your consoles are all inferior to the purity and magnificence of a nice PC? It's the great leveller. Now embrace one another and exchange driving games, or whatever it is that gets you mashing your fingers against your spazpads, as tokens of acceptance and friendship.

I see Walmart is stopping selling Hd-dvds. That is the final blow to hd-dvd. The battle is basically won now.

Shows Sony made completely the right business decision in putting the bluray drive in the PS3, even with it giving the initial relatively high cost.

No the nail in the coffin is toshiba dropping hd-dvd :P

http://ps3.qj.net/Toshiba-to-withdraw-HD-D...g/49/aid/113843

No official announcement yet but seems to be a reliable source

Oh well :lol:

Yep it does seem that Blu-Ray has won the hi-def disc battle - which is no bad thing, there needed to be an answer one way or another.

It remains to be seen if the cash that Sony has binned on the PS3 to make Blu-Ray the winner will be well invested cash, or if digital distribution will win out regardless.

Yep it does seem that Blu-Ray has won the hi-def disc battle - which is no bad thing, there needed to be an answer one way or another.

It is the winner of a fight between two blind drunks with nobody watching though, hardly anyone actually cares, the HD sales are shite compard to dvd.

It is the winner of a fight between two blind drunks with nobody watching though, hardly anyone actually cares, the HD sales are shite compard to dvd.

LOL yeah the ironic thing about the PS3 is that it's an amazingly good upscaler of regular DVDs. A mate of mine got a PS3 and a couple of Blu-Ray discs, then he watched a regular DVD upscaled onto his 50 inch Sony Bravia, and realised it looked pretty much as good as the Blu-Ray stuff.

He hasn't bought a Blu-Ray disc since :D

LOL yeah the ironic thing about the PS3 is that it's an amazingly good upscaler of regular DVDs. A mate of mine got a PS3 and a couple of Blu-Ray discs, then he watched a regular DVD upscaled onto his 50 inch Sony Bravia, and realised it looked pretty much as good as the Blu-Ray stuff.

He hasn't bought a Blu-Ray disc since :D

That's the thing, 480p upscaled dvd's on a piece of shit 30 quid dvd player look superb on anything up to 50". It's really hard to justify the cost of higher defs, and most people just aren't that arsed.

If your into your home theatre then quality sound is as important as a quality image.

Upscaled dvd cant upscale the sound

Uncompressed sound from a bluray through a proper theatre system is absolutely amazing

and worth the extra few quid in a bluray disc alone.

If your into your home theatre then quality sound is as important as a quality image.

Upscaled dvd cant upscale the sound

Uncompressed sound from a bluray through a proper theatre system is absolutely amazing

and worth the extra few quid in a bluray disc alone.

My arse. DD does up to 448 kbit/s 5.1, it sound bloody amazing, and no bugger can actually hear the difference between that and trueHD, which is only mandatory on hd dvd not bluray anyway. Very few people have the ears or the gear to justify the difference.

Besides, audio does upscale. A crappy old dvd player plugged into a tv via scart vs a good dvd player with an optical into a surround system is like a visual upscale.

Some reasons why the orange will dominate the banana.

Person A) It is more juicy! Banana's don't have any juice! You can't make banana juice! Blah blah blah!

Person B) So what? You missed the fact that you can make Banana smoothies. They taste better then Orange Juice. Plus you can make Banana splits with banana's. Blah blah blah.

Person A) Pft. Banana smoothies don't have any tang or pick me up as Orange Juice does! You don't wake up in the morning and go, "mmm, I'll make me some Banana smoothies." Blah, etc.

Person B) Who said this was a breakfast morning disscussion. Now you're arguing about different things! Blah, etc.

Person A) I hope you get raped with a banana!

Person B) Knowing that one day you will eventually die brings me happyness.

:D:P;)

Anyway, that's besides the point. Why can't you lovely fellows just ignore your differences and unite in the knowledge that your consoles are all inferior to the purity and magnificence of a nice PC? It's the great leveller. Now embrace one another and exchange driving games, or whatever it is that gets you mashing your fingers against your spazpads, as tokens of acceptance and friendship.

Not inferior, you different. I love pc gaming too, but you can't veg on a sofa in front of your big telly and play a pc game.

ps. Ans that is how your taught to type in school. I know your a too old to have had computers in school so I wont hold it against you :P . and slime I wasnt talking about language, I was joining in the pathetic pedantic fun you love so much.

Your a fucking idiot. I have computers older than you in my attic. Just because I wasn't born in an age where morons like you learned to type on predictive keyboards and believe that home computing started with the Playstation 1, doesn't mean those of us that grew up learning to program BBC Micros at school don't know what their talking about. Oddly enough, they taught us how to spell too. Obviously you're school was one of the kinds that ferry its kids on the short bus.

Your wrong, give it up.

Oh and on topic, I am getting a PS3 next month for the following reasons: Blue ray (yes i am one of those types that has been reffered to as buying a bd player with a games console as an extra.) PS3 over the intarweb does not require a subscription (as far as i understand but i will flinch up ready for the flack if i am wrong.)

Oh and on topic, I am getting a PS3 next month for the following reasons: Blue ray (yes i am one of those types that has been reffered to as buying a bd player with a games console as an extra.) PS3 over the intarweb does not require a subscription (as far as i understand but i will flinch up ready for the flack if i am wrong.)

It's good value if you want blu ray that's for sure. Yes ps online stuff is free, but then it's crapola compared to Live, which rules! Apparently the 360 will have a BD add on within 3 months.

Archived