Ps3 Announced

the mo beats experience

Shock horror as platform exclusive with larger market share sells more. Yawn.

UK 360 install base: 2.3 million

UK PS3 install base: 1.4 million

In other chart news X-Factor finalists applaud themselves in the knowledge that they are the best thing in music because they top the charts:

1. X Factor Finalists - Hero

2. Beyonce - If I Were A Boy

3. Girls Aloud - The Promise

4. Britney Spears - Womanizer

5. Leona Lewis - Forgive Me

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So many good games out now, why would anyone either have the time, or want to play PS2 games? Also, if you want a bigger hard drive, why not fit a big 'un yourself? I gather its a piece of the piss.

It's a consideration for me. My ps2 still gets used all the time, mostly by the kids for sims2 and singstar, but there's still some superb ps2 games that I still enjoy playing like the final fantasies, Ico, Colossus. If I got a ps3 it'd be yet another box under the telly, which is a pain in the botty.

I have an original 60GB anyway but it's besides the point as it only sits there gathering dust, I think I'll wake up one day to find a note in the empty space my ps3 used to be telling me he has gone to a better place and I can now play guilt free on my 360.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was reading an article earlier about the ability to create a rogue CA certificate for SSL signing... Geek aside, it turns out that they use Ps3s to do all the calculations, a novel use I thought and it may explain a boost in sales.

Luckily it is also very suited for the special SPU cores of the Cell Processor that the Sony PlayStation 3 uses. We had about 200 PS3s at our disposal, located at the "PlayStation Lab" of Arjen Lenstra at EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland (see the picture). The birthdaying takes about 18 hours on the 200 PS3s using 30GB of memory that was equally divided over the PS3s.

PS3 Lab here

http://www.win.tue.nl/~bdeweger/PS3Lab/

Original article here;

http://www.win.tue.nl/hashclash/rogue-ca/

• 1 month later...

Archived