Mobile Revolution?

Utah 01

Nearly a month into the New Year and what has happened to the much anticipated mobile phone revolution from the new providers? Maybe the market research teams have discovered 3 players in such a small market was one too many so who, perhaps, has decided to leave the field? Anyone with any info? I deliberately held off renewing my contract with MT pending all-time good deals from the new operators.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I queued for 40 mins at Manx Telecom the other day to try to get a new mobile - judging by the "couldn't give a sh*t " attitude they have to sales and customer service maybe other providers are no longer coming in as nobody seems to be arsed about selling anything to anyone.

Speaking of the Revolution. Manx Telecom are saying Voicemail is now free for Pay As You Go customers:

http://www.manxpronto.net/default.asp?id=18&siteid=5

However, their downloadable User Guide for the service says PAYG customers will be charged for retreiving messages?!

http://www.manxpronto.net/pdf/MOBILEGU.pdf

Speaking of the Revolution. Manx Telecom are saying Voicemail is now free for Pay As You Go customers:

I thought working out their new tariffs was bad enough. Signing up for a 24 month contract to get some shit phone at a discounted price that you could buy it for on the internet any way. All their charging options also seem to be very similar to each other - it seemed to me to be a set deal disguised as choice.

http://www.manxpronto.net/default.asp?id=18&siteid=5

However, their downloadable User Guide for the service says PAYG customers will be charged for retreiving messages?!

http://www.manxpronto.net/pdf/MOBILEGU.pdf

Hello Left hand this is Right Hand springs very much to mind over MT...

So, can anyone answer this simple question... Is Voicemail free to PAYG customers?

1.jpg

Cloud9™ will be your new mobile phone network

I think it's more than a little presumptuous of them to ake such a statement.

After all, I might stay with telecom.

Not likely though! :)

There was a double page spread advertising for staff, in the Courier or Indy yesterday. I glossed over it and saw it as being an advert for Cloud9 because it had blue skys and fluffy clouds all around the top of the page.

Later my gf remarked that MT have got a big recruitment drive, I said no thats Cloud9. I was wrong, there was a little MT logo at the bottom, but the rest of the advert with the blue skys and clouds looked just like Cloud 9's website

Very strange marketing, I would have thought MT would trying to establish their own brand not copying someone elses.

Am I the only one who does not want all these fre minutes for services I don't use and high line rental.

I complained when I was told by MT that my old tarrif was being closed.

I want a cheap line £10,00 per month and then the cheapest phone, text and data rates on offer, no free packages, so I pay for what I use and IU use it sparingly, and only when needed.

Their parent Company,telefonica, have such a beast €10 per month and cheap calls, SMS and Data to any european telfonica subsidairy on roaming. Its much cheaper than Manx the other way around.

They did reply to my complaint, by mail and by 'phone and promised a basic tarrif for those not taken in by packaged tarrifs

Nearly a month into the New Year and what has happened to the much anticipated mobile phone revolution from the new providers? Maybe the market research teams have discovered 3 players in such a small market was one too many so who, perhaps, has decided to leave the field? Anyone with any info? I deliberately held off renewing my contract with MT pending all-time good deals from the new operators.

Manx Telecom have had a dramatic restructuring of their tarrifs recently - that's not far from revolution :) .

It would be revolutionary if they could make my GPRS connection work anywhere except outside the telephone exchange next to the Terrace. Or, in fact, manage to supply a decent GSM signal where I live so I wouldn't have to keep calling people up four or five times to have a two-minute conversation with them.

No complaints about the customer service, tohugh. I hardly go in the shop but their phone people are cool.

Archived