Mobile Revolution?

Utah 01

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was speaking to the C&W chaps last night, they haven't got one mast/transmiter up yet, due to the fact that every single site they have applied for has been objected to. They are going to appeal, but think they may have to apply for different sites. This info is straight from the team who are Island based, mon-fri.

It will never be up and running by Easter. They don't expect it to be, I am now going to take out a 12 month contract with MT. Even if C&W don't get it up and running until the summer, it will still be the quickest new set-up that they've ever done.

I've heard that no shops except keigs have signed up for the other operators, due to the fear of losing Manx Telecom contracts

The email I got at work from Cloud 9 had about 6 agents listed, Keigs, Swift, Cell Co, Fonebox, can't remember the others.

It was one of the shops that told me that Manx Telecom had cut all the contracts. They also said I would be better renewing all the phones for 12 months with Manx Telecom to see how everything goes tho. I know they are hopeful for an easter launch, but till it happens, you never know.

ha IOM Examiner says MT has pulled the plug on Cell-co and others. So are they leaning on the newspaper and radio so they don't carry the new networks advertising or are MT going to pull their advertsing from the newspapers and local radio stations if they do carry adverts for the new networks. - are MT hypocritical on this.

I get a pretty good signal everywhere, even an hour out of Douglas on the Ben.

But when I try to use WAP browsing with GPRS, I get 'service not available'. I know it works, cos I was using it with an Orange PAYG sim over Christmas. I found a site with the settings and manually keyed them in, so someone must know.

Does anyone have a list of the settings for WAP/GPRS with Pronto Go? The helpdesk has tried to send me the settings, this doesn't work, and they're not on the web site.

see www.manxpronto.net/ota

I asked at a shop yesterday, "are the cloud 9 numbers 6 or 11 digits?" no answer was the reply.

If they are 11 digits I can see people staying with MT for the ease of use of not needing an std number and the interchangeability of land and mobile numbers.

Does anyone know the answer?

try asking the comminucations commission

I asked at a shop yesterday, "are the cloud 9 numbers 6 or 11 digits?" no answer was the reply.

If they are 11 digits I can see people staying with MT for the ease of use of not needing an std number and the interchangeability of land and mobile numbers.

Does anyone know the answer?

try asking the comminucations commission

Cloud9, which has set up its Island offices at Peel Street, Ramsey, had hoped to let customers transferring from Manx Telecom keep their old mobile phone numbers but this has not proved possible so far.

But Mr Lancaster said he did not see that as a stumbling block.

'We are not waiting on this — it's not that big an issue.

'I think it is more of a technological issue than anything else. Of course it would be fantastic if you could keep your old number but we believe a lot of people will move to us anyway, because they will choose savings on calls over keeping their old Manx Telecom number.'

http://www.iomtoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2.asp...ticleID=2026208

Cloud9, which has set up its Island offices at Peel Street, Ramsey, had hoped to let customers transferring from Manx Telecom keep their old mobile phone numbers but this has not proved possible so far.

But Mr Lancaster said he did not see that as a stumbling block.

'We are not waiting on this — it's not that big an issue.

'I think it is more of a technological issue than anything else.

i would have thought that they would know what the issue is, rather than thinking what it is..... ;)

Archived