Technetium 99

Chinahand

Anyone know any more details about what the Celtic League is saying about Technetium 99 levels. Manx Radio report.

My understanding was that new equipment had reduced the levels of Tc99 down to insignificant levels: Link one, Link two.

Am I incorrect or is the Celtic League scare mongering?

I don't think so, try googling it.

I did google it, and got the links from Norway celebrating the 98% reduction of the problem and the scientist discussing the insignificant levels in fish.

That leaves shellfish ... as I say I've not heard anything about this before and am interested. The list of Celtic league protest letters on manxman.co.im all date to the 90s and predate the changes at Sellafield.

Edited: I've found more up to date info on the celtic league yahoo newsgroup. And also a report on it from the food standards agency. Basically the CL are slightly downplaying these results and want the IAEA to help. I think a better approach would be to get them to review the scientific literature first and if they can fault it get involved. It looks like there are wide ranging studies ongoing into the issue: Food Standards Agency research

Anyone know any more details about what the Celtic League is saying about Technetium 99 levels. Manx Radio report.

My understanding was that new equipment had reduced the levels of Tc99 down to insignificant levels: Link one, Link two.

Link one

What a great site to find out about the state of the environment in Norway!

I wonder how long it would take to find similar information for the IOM or whether they even measure some of those things here.

Archived