[BBC News] Manx road network needs upgrading

Newsbot

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. A politician talking common sense. I never thought I would see that in my lifetime.

Seriously though some of the roads are utter garbage, about time someone at the DoT admitted it.

Perhaps they could get Clarkson, May and Hammond over. They could get them sorted in 24 hours like they did in Sundays episode of TG

The minister is just waffling in order to increase his appeal amongst island petrol heads, of whom there are many. The roads on the Isle of Man are actually rather good, and the tax payer is already spending plenty enough money on them, in my opinion. (especially in pointless pursuit of faster TT lap times).

The roads on the Isle of Man are actually rather good, and the tax payer is already spending plenty enough money on them, in my opinion. (especially in pointless pursuit of faster TT lap times).

Yes, if you're negotiating them by flying pig..

Even bits of the TT course are rubbish, eg Sulby->Ramsey.

I would guess that of all those seriously pursuing lap times, a relatively low proportion are actually IOM taxpayers.

The back roads truly are dire, not to mention the prom.

Mr Keyboarder would be as well to take a trip across sometime. That crunching sound that you're no longer hearing is caused by a flat road.

I would guess that of all those seriously pursuing lap times, a relatively low proportion are actually IOM taxpayers.

Uh, that's what I meant?

The back roads truly are dire

Well, apart from the fact that they're not that bad, they're back roads.

not to mention the prom.

In Douglas? What's wrong with it?

Mr Keyboarder[sic] would be as well to take a trip across sometime. That crunching sound that you're no longer hearing is caused by a flat road.

I cover plenty of miles on non-island roads, and I repeat, the manx roads are not too bad.

Uh, that's what I meant?

not to mention the prom.

Mr Keyboarder[sic] would be as well to take a trip across sometime. That crunching sound that you're no longer hearing is caused by a flat road.

I cover plenty of miles on non-island roads, and I repeat, the manx roads are not too bad.

What he said!

Can anyone give an example of a bad road and indicate why it is bad? personally I am not aware of any roads that are other than what I would expect them to be given their status.

Uh, that's what I meant?

not to mention the prom.

Totally agree. For a small Island the roads are suitable for purpose - except for those who use them like race tracks.

Archived