Sefton Buys Castle Mona Hotek

Manxie99

SEFTON GROUP BUY CASTLE MONA HOTEL

THE Sefton Group has bought the Castle Mona Hotel, today's Manx Independent has revealed.

The hotel complex in Douglas was closed just before Christmas by owner Skyland Investments, stunning staff and customers alike.

It was placed in the hands of the receiver to find a buyer.

It is understood the Sefton Group, which wants to turn it into a four-star hotel, paid about £4 million.

But the transformation is unlikely to be finished in time for this year's TT and the future of the complex's nightclub, bowling and Office bar are yet to be decided.

Taken from www.iomtoday.co.im

I really hope they open breeze again not to bothered about superbowl!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well with Paramount city closing in a couple of weeks (rumour) There's going to be no nightclubs on the island apart from colours which gets packed as it it! The TT would be crap without the beer tent because other that there would be nowhere to go afterwards! Theres the Outback and strand58 but you wouldn't stay there all night!

The islands going down hill rapidly and the government dont seem to be doing anything about it!

Well with Paramount city closing in a couple of weeks (rumour) There's going to be no nightclubs on the island apart from colours which gets packed as it it! The TT would be crap without the beer tent because other that there would be nowhere to go afterwards! Theres the Outback and strand58 but you wouldn't stay there all night!

The islands going down hill rapidly and the government dont seem to be doing anything about it!

I don't think it's the government's job to ensure that there are enough places to go out on the lash. If the demand is there, won't businessmen open venues in order to make money?

Actually, The Outback is a place that many people stay all night. Also, it's the only place for under 21's to go at the end of the night as Colours and Paramount is over 21.

Would be nice for Breeze or a similar club to open there for 18+ as having all of the 18-20 year olds in the Outback is just stupid.

Oh and Paramount closing...haha that rumour has been on/off for years.

I dont mean just places to go out on the lash! Its places in general there is nowhere! They should be encouraging places to open on the island! They have so much press on the island for TT Week why not promote the island other times of the year aswell! The money is made TT Week and then theres nothing to do till the next TT comes along! There are more shops coming to the island and investing they should be taking the opportunity to open more places like summerland but more modern and better designed!

To be honest i dont really like to stay in the outback all nigfht, the shots are really nice but theres only on enterance which is also the only exit as far as i am aware! I notice this kinda thing when i am sober at the start of the night!

Health and safety and all that! i gets far to packed, as they let everyone in, they dont like to turn ppl away!

Archived