Sefton Buys Castle Mona Hotek

Manxie99

Breeze made them sh*t loads of money you had to pay £5 to get in then the drinks etc etc...

Just having a hotel would cut a massive bit of profits of the hotel as they wont make as much! Yeah 4* hotel thats great but people used to go to the hotel to go to breeze and the bowling alley therefor promoting the hotel!!

THE SEFTON ARE CRAP!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah 4* hotel thats great but people used to go to the hotel to go to breeze and the bowling alley therefor promoting the hotel

I'd hardly call a nightclub full of drunken imbeciles staggering out of the place, shouting and puking "promoting". The bowling alley perhaps, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to stay there if I was here on business or holiday.

If the Sefton closed Tramshunters, are they going to be bothered about having a noisy pub or even a bowling alley next to a 4 star hotel I wonder?

Ah the Tramshunters now theres a blast from the past...hand pulled Ale and bar billiards next to the women's toilets...now THAT is a Friday night out!!!

I don't remember seeing £4million swilling around spare in the last set of Sefton accounts so am wondering where the cash for the purchase is coming from?

Just what is your obsession (copycat/manxchattterbox/whoeveryouare) with the Sefton group and Ferguson-Lacey? £10 says that you'll not give a proper reasoned answer.

Just Mount Murray all over again, just a different wealthy 'chancer'. Embarrasing really that the Gov and departments allow these people to walk all over them !!

RAAAAAA! That capitalist twot Lacey spilt the hotel into about 20 companies, ofc it would be losing money somewhere. None of these scammers companies ever make any money, they would have to pay tax then wouldn't they.

two more reasons to be worried about the dividend being maintained.

In all honesty... They want to turn it into a 4 star hotel, the place wasn't financially viable as a no star hotel.

So they do it up and charge people even more, certainly aiming at a class of tourist/businessperson/dirty stop-out that is already overcatered for with sleppwell/sefton/empress etc

Breeze (or Studebakers as it was) used to make a killing in it's own department, when the hotel realised this they decided profits for each area should go into one pot instead of section. The hotel was forever minimal with guests and only a few bands pulling in a profitable crowd to the office so you can see why breeze was 3 of the 4 chair legs!

protecting the payment of the dividend that some shareholders find invaluable in helping ends meet from the spending plans of "a corporate raider".

- please send the £10 to Hospice Care and post up the receipt - thks

Sorry, that's not a proper reasoned answer. I want to know why you seem to have a personal grudge against Sefton/Ferguson-Lacey. If someone invests in a company by buying their shares they have to accept that share dealing is just another form of gambling. Doesn't the old adage go something along the lines of "speculate to accumulate"?

For the record I already give to several charities of my own choice, that I've selected for my own personal reasons, so I'd give the money to something else. Not sure how you get a receipt from a charity box though.

Perhaps the Sefton are buying the hotel with borrowing or another share issue, possibly? As a shareholder, you may be pleased that the company is looking at expansion of income streams and asset base to add further security to your investment and more enhanced capital growth, no?

As someone said, buying shares for their dividend alone is a very short term view of investment, particularly as the company does not have to pay dividends, and can only do so out of distributable reserves and, then, only if the directors recommend one. Of course, the shareholders will want to see some sort of a dividend most years, or see the reserves in the company being usefully deployed.

How long have you been dabbling in shares Copycat?

Archived