Sefton Buys Castle Mona Hotek

Manxie99

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i second tango and mojomonkey... copycat is ranting.

the original owners of the castle mona were so lacking in integrity that they screwed over 30 manx vendors and receivers had to take it over. sefton are the good guys... all you manx crabs can bugger off

"PULL THEM DOWN!!!! PULL THEM DOWN!!!"

protecting the payment of the dividend that some shareholders find invaluable in helping ends meet from the spending plans of "a corporate raider".

- please send the £10 to Hospice Care and post up the receipt - thks

Sorry, that's not a proper reasoned answer. I want to know why you seem to have a personal grudge against Sefton/Ferguson-Lacey. If someone invests in a company by buying their shares they have to accept that share dealing is just another form of gambling. Doesn't the old adage go something along the lines of "speculate to accumulate"?

For the record I already give to several charities of my own choice, that I've selected for my own personal reasons, so I'd give the money to something else. Not sure how you get a receipt from a charity box though.

The difference with charities and Lacey is that you choose to give to the charities of your choice. Lacey's little schemes always seem to involve the IOM Govt giving him shed loads of our money (The Nunnery, The Sound, Bishopscourt for example). He's already on the case looking for us to pay for the Castle Mona to be completely refurbished.

I really do hope they open breeze or even another nightclub there, It would be a shame if they just turned it all into a part of the hotel, put they probably will, They dont want a nightclub and a bowling alley below a 4* hotel! If only they opened a nightclub like the Venue that was amazing!!

Snaipyr FACTS PLEASE

Bishopscourt - What Government money was involved here???? My understanding is that he bought the property from the previous private owner and refurbished it at his own cost.

The Sound - What involvement did he have with the Sound.

The Nunnery - I thought he bought this from the Sangsters. Government leased it from him for the buisness school and then bought it.

Those people who look back fondly at the Tramshunters, should take a quick sideways glance at the Sefton as they drive along the promenade. Something is going on methinks.

The bar that was there before charged £3.60 for a pint of lager.

The reason Tramshunters closed can be blamed on less than half a dozen town drunks. One or two of which were banned from all brewery pubs so they gave the decent people in Tramshunters their delightful company. The manager at the time just wasn't interested in providing a service to people who get drunk, swear, have no manners, fight, puke and general make an arse of themselves.

One or two of these characters have now migrated back to their rightful place of The Waterloo and Sam Webbs.

In all honesty... They want to turn it into a 4 star hotel, the place wasn't financially viable as a no star hotel.

So they do it up and charge people even more, certainly aiming at a class of tourist/businessperson/dirty stop-out that is already overcatered for with sleppwell/sefton/empress etc

Breeze (or Studebakers as it was) used to make a killing in it's own department, when the hotel realised this they decided profits for each area should go into one pot instead of section. The hotel was forever minimal with guests and only a few bands pulling in a profitable crowd to the office so you can see why breeze was 3 of the 4 chair legs!

Sorry to say it, but there really is room for another 4* hotel. Complaints about standards of accomodation and facilities are often overheard in the cab - and generally speaking, it is only the Regency that receives actual praise, whilst the Sefton just about comes up to the mark. All of the others appear to be considered 'inadequate' by most businessmen.

In all honesty... They want to turn it into a 4 star hotel, the place wasn't financially viable as a no star hotel.

So they do it up and charge people even more, certainly aiming at a class of tourist/businessperson/dirty stop-out that is already overcatered for with sleppwell/sefton/empress etc

Breeze (or Studebakers as it was) used to make a killing in it's own department, when the hotel realised this they decided profits for each area should go into one pot instead of section. The hotel was forever minimal with guests and only a few bands pulling in a profitable crowd to the office so you can see why breeze was 3 of the 4 chair legs!

Sorry to say it, but there really is room for another 4* hotel. Complaints about standards of accomodation and facilities are often overheard in the cab - and generally speaking, it is only the Regency that receives actual praise, whilst the Sefton just about comes up to the mark. All of the others appear to be considered 'inadequate' by most businessmen.

I hear precisely the same grumble all the time. I know someone who stayed at the Castle Mona last year simply because they thought a building like that must be fabulous inside, but they were quite, quite wrong

I realise that there is a certain amount of public interest in the Castle Mona as an historic building, but why all the moaning? A PRIVATE company willing to spend millions on ensuring that it is maintained at the highest level and provide top class accomodation is surely the best thing that can happen.

The other entertainment is not a concern of government or the company involved unless they see it as viable and suitable.

The issue is that it is not viable to run too many nightclubs/bars as there are not enough people using them on enough nights of the week to justify the investment as costs are too high in addition. I believe that this has evolved due to the shortage of disposable income and a change in culture on the island promoted perhaps by government or media which discourages nightlife?

To be honest i dont really like to stay in the outback all nigfht, the shots are really nice but theres only on enterance which is also the only exit as far as i am aware! I notice this kinda thing when i am sober at the start of the night!

Health and safety and all that! i gets far to packed, as they let everyone in, they dont like to turn ppl away!

Every club has one exit, which is also the entrance so...really, why are you just complaining about the outback?

To be honest i dont really like to stay in the outback all nigfht, the shots are really nice but theres only on enterance which is also the only exit as far as i am aware! I notice this kinda thing when i am sober at the start of the night!

There's another exit to the building at the rear. Clearly you don't notice enough.

Archived