Sefton Buys Castle Mona Hotek

Manxie99

Copycat/Manxchatterbox ::::

Any comment on this years Seftons accounts

Turnover + 392.5%

Profit + 156%

Assets + 63% (excludes Castlemona)

Have you ever thought that these pair are a pair of pissheads, with only the Sefton open to serve them.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably because they are expanding.

Would you prefer it if they distributed all of their profits and used a high level of debt to finance their future plans with the likely consequence of reduced dividend payments in the future?

My suggestion to you is get your share certificates out of the Rover biscuits tin in the cupboard go to the nearest stockbroker and tell them that you are too stupid to make such investments and see if you could have some magic beans instead.

Now go back to wittering on about dog turds and byelaw officers instead

Point 2

In the AGM there is a proposal to change the Company's M&AA - one effect of which will be to remove the restriction on the amount the directors can leverage the Company by. At present borrowings cannot exceed 3x the adjusted capital and reserves without recourse to the shareholders. Now they say they need more flexibility - i.e borrow large amounts of money without the shareholders consent so its then a fait accompli. The existing rule is in there for prudence and to ensure a level of protection for the shareholders funds - now they want to do away with that effectively they are saying "trust us, we won't ever over-commit the Company with excessive borrowings"

is there a forum member with accounts experience who might be able to comment on this aspect?

Point 2

In the AGM there is a proposal to change the Company's M&AA - one effect of which will be to remove the restriction on the amount the directors can leverage the Company by. At present borrowings cannot exceed 3x the adjusted capital and reserves without recourse to the shareholders. Now they say they need more flexibility - i.e borrow large amounts of money without the shareholders consent so its then a fait accompli. The existing rule is in there for prudence and to ensure a level of protection for the shareholders funds - now they want to do away with that effectively they are saying "trust us, we won't ever over-commit the Company with excessive borrowings"

is there a forum member with accounts experience who might be able to comment on this aspect?

Unusual for M&As to limit the powers of borrowing in this way. Probably a hangover from when it was a private company and/or had some serious borrowing so the lender put that as a requriement of the loan. You can always not vote for the change.

So here another item from the Sefton Group report -

On 13 July 2006 the subsidiary Sefton Spa Ltd acquired an "investment property" for £2million cash and £1m woth of Sefton shares (1,111,111 valued at 90p each).

What is the definition of an "investment property" ? answers please

I assume, it will be loaned out to another company! Owned by SEFTON, leased out to say `XYZ Enterprises'

Sefton owns it as an investment, not as a business?

hmmm...have usually respected lots of what you say but please think about the "assume" element of your reply. thanks.

am reading report to find out if the property is identified and whats going on. more info later. unless someone else already knows.

To be honest i dont really like to stay in the outback all nigfht, the shots are really nice but theres only on enterance which is also the only exit as far as i am aware! I notice this kinda thing when i am sober at the start of the night!

Health and safety and all that! i gets far to packed, as they let everyone in, they dont like to turn ppl away!

Bollocks, you obviously don't know the Outback that well. There's two exits from every area - ie two sets of staircases & two exits out onto the street - though only one of them is used by the public - the other is only for staff & in event of an emergency.

Infact you could also count the cellar as an exit as there's a door for the kegs to go through - I wouldn't use it in event of a fire unless you had too though!!

To be honest i dont really like to stay in the outback all nigfht, the shots are really nice but theres only on enterance which is also the only exit as far as i am aware! I notice this kinda thing when i am sober at the start of the night!

There's another exit to the building at the rear. Clearly you don't notice enough.

Maybe he was never..ahem.."shown" the other exit :rolleyes:

Spose we'd better keep that quiet gentlemen, being priveleged people!!!...

So here another item from the Sefton Group report -

On 13 July 2006 the subsidiary Sefton Spa Ltd acquired an "investment property" for £2million cash and £1m woth of Sefton shares (1,111,111 valued at 90p each).

What is the definition of an "investment property" ? answers please

Probably property not purchased for occupation by the company but either to rent out or re-sell at a profit.

copycat i do know whats going on with the sefton but really cant be arsed to tell you as you will just over analize it, twist it, bullshit it and then spit it out as your own u sad little loser

Methinks you are one of the Powers That Be, engaged on their eternal quest to discredit Copycat's search for Truth, Justice and the Manx Way. It wouldn't surprise me to learn you're tracking him down post by post, closing in until the night when you and the rest of the be-balaclaved special intelligence force turn up on his doorstep in unmarked black helicopters and whisk him away to an unspecified location in order to torture him and FIND OUT WHAT HE KNOWS ABOUT THE SEFTON GROUP!

Archived