[BBC News] 'Give Manx actors a chance' call

Newsbot

Someone working on a film crew from across told me using the locals was like being on the film set of Deliverance.

They found it entertaining when at meal times all these figures seem to crawl out of the woodwork from nowhere and behind bushes. They all had a strong family resemblance. They called this phenomenon "Cue the banjo".

A bit cruel I know, but there you have it.

Someone working on a film crew from across told me using the locals was like being on the film set of Deliverance.

They found it entertaining when at meal times all these figures seem to crawl out of the woodwork from nowhere and behind bushes. They all had a strong family resemblance. They called this phenomenon "Cue the banjo".

A bit cruel I know, but there you have it.

Typical arrogance!!

Film makers working on the Isle of Man are urged to consider using local talent in their blockbusters.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/6320581.stm

I bet there's a few in Tynwald who would fancy a chance to get in front of the cameras. How long before David Cretney appears in a crowd scene?

It could be a new career for Leonard Singer perhaps?

This is easily solved next time there is a film being made and the actors want a chance call. Get the director to ring them up and say "here's that chance call you've been waiting for - you've got no ****ing chance!"

The reason is the same why most of the 36,000 (whatever) actors in the UK don't get the work. Conceited hams!

Archived