Braddan Bridge

Lonan3

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How long before someone takes the tree out!! Looks ridiculous.

Lol, to say nothing of it taking out a load of biannual bike freaks. (Or maybe this is a softening tactic for future TT policy). Lol.

Well seeing as the tree has been there for longer than the TT has run I don't think that is really a problem.

A roundabout there is a very shit idea though, especially as there will be another one on the other side of the bridge

I looked at that picture for ages .. then it came to me. Someone has painted a thick white line around the tree to make it look like a roundabout. Is this what it will take 9 months to achieve? Pathetic.

Im afraid so, well thats what happened on Ballanard road and the road next to Kirby Garden centre. think its called cooil road

The whole reason for this bit of tinkering is that the TT course is sacrosant - no matter the road layout dates from the pre 1930's and is totally unsuited to today's traffic the TT course cannot be altered - my own opinion is that leave it in place for the 100 aniversary but after that allow the roads to be brought upto date without worrying about lap times, racing line etc.

Its the logic of WHY they are doing these changes that is lost on me. It surely must be costing a million or more by the time they have finished with the extra lanes and widening the bridge and the DOT logic seems to be that instead of queuing to go through Quarterbridge people coming into Douglas will filter right off Braddan Bridge, go all the way up Vicarage Road, all the way past the Coach and Horses, onto Cooil Road past B & Q, through the roundabout, through Kewigue, along the quay, and then enter Douglas via the Swingbridge.

From what I recall someone else posting a while ago isn't this new roundabout system supposed to make traffic bypass Douglas? In so much as traffic coming from the north and wanting to travel south can negotiate several roundabouts on the outskirts of town and never have to travel through the centre of Douglas?

Not sure anyone coming in from the west would take the route you suggested as it seems rather silly to negotiate 9 roundabouts after the first Braddan Bridge one to get into town rather than 3 to get to the same objective.

"An artists impression" Who the fuck was the artist? Salvador Dali springs to mind.

Without much improved lighting and some sort of protection for the tree, like the raised bit it stands on now, it is an accident waiting to happen. The problem mainly arises at schooltime, the schoolrun if you like. Would a set of lights not been more effective, timed to work at times of peak demand, instead of major civil engineering works? I know they have to justify raising road tax and the cost of petrol but this is just silly. Most people understand lights much better than can negotiate a roundabout.

Bets are on as to how long the tree lasts once an artic has to go up to the hospital and 'clips' it a few times, or until a weekend racer goes for it and leaves his/her impression.

Total waste of money

Archived