Braddan Bridge

Lonan3

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gonna be fun for all those Artics coming into town from the Union Mills estate...or will they be allowed to break the law and go the wrong way round?

Not when they dig into the banking where the trees have just been felled.

Gonna be fun for all those Artics coming into town from the Union Mills estate...or will they be allowed to break the law and go the wrong way round?

Not when they dig into the banking where the trees have just been felled.

Yes. Don't forget after putting in those massive dry stone walls past Braddan school to the junction a few years back, now they're coming out again to widen the road at the bottom from the junction. Thats why the trees are being pulled.

Another total waste of taxpayers money.

Oh and the house at the bottom which was bought for £425,000 as part of the original scheme yet never seemed to have been lived in since it was built (wonder why). They claim they are going to resell it at a profit after the work is done (providing they can find someone daft enough to spend half a million quid to live on a roundabout).

Suprised the government doesn't compulsery purchase it and turn it into another international school.

"International Road Planning School"

"Lesson 1, look out of this window, that is NOT how it is done....Lesson 2, look out of that window now...that is also NOT how it is done....I direct your attention to the bus jammed under that tree, these are the sorts of things as our future road planning officers you will hope to avoid."

Suprised the government doesn't compulsery purchase it and turn it into another international school.

"International Road Planning School"

"Lesson 1, look out of this window, that is NOT how it is done....Lesson 2, look out of that window now...that is also NOT how it is done....I direct your attention to the bus jammed under that tree, these are the sorts of things as our future road planning officers you will hope to avoid."

I think it's all part of a 'big plan'

When he was Minister for Transport John Shimmin was quoted as saying work was planned for parts of the outer Douglas link road which is in effect a Douglas Bypass.

Vicarage Road was widened at a cost of £3.48 million.

He said work at the Jubilee Oak was 'to cope with congestion since the new hospital opened.'

there is a problem with turning right if coming from the hospital, something is needed. i'd rather a roundabout than traffic lights.

the only problem with roundabouts is people don't use them properly, they keep traffic moving if used properly.

It is perfectly possible to move trees - if it is done professionally and at the right time of year (e.g. Autumn). I think this would be the most sensible option in this case, becuase it is a busy road.

Otherwise it will only be a matter of time before someone drives into the tree and kills it off, or the tree 'kills' someone because it obscures someone's view.

Whoever came up with the idea of making this tree into a roundabout is barking. Why is it we seem to employ so many ****wits at the DoT?

It is perfectly possible to move trees - if it is done professionally and at the right time of year (e.g. Autumn). I think this would be the most sensible option in this case, becuase it is a busy road.

Otherwise it will only be a matter of time before someone drives into the tree and kills it off, or the tree 'kills' someone because it obscures someone's view.

Whoever came up with the idea of making this tree into a roundabout is barking. Why is it we seem to employ so many ****wits at the DoT?

The tree is already something of a roundabout as traffic does move around it. At least it will stop (either by discouraging or physically stopping) the idiots who use a roundabout as a right hand turn. If people used roundabouts as a roundabout rather than try to cut across it, traffic would flow more easily. That is why these painted roundabouts do very little to help; people just cut across.

No, it isn't Mojo.

Something is needed there though as turning right from the hosptial is tricky with the volume of traffic from Douglas.

Easy peasy, put up some Traffic lights!!

I'm sure they're far cheaper to setup than roundabouts, and at least the majority of the road users over here seem to understand how traffic lights work - well a far higher proportion than drivers who understand how roundabouts work!

Imagine the carnage on the promenade at Broadway if we removed the traffic lights there & replaced them with a roundabout?

Archived