Braddan Bridge

Lonan3

The whole stupidity is that the roads from QB to Braddan bridge need a major redisgn - BUT they cannot be fixed because of the sacred TT races - thus we get a major bottleneck for 2 weeks a year with access to the hospital, the TT access road should have been used as part of the road system - the saddle raod junction will of necessity be a compromise (and thus probably won't work very well and each evening QB will continue to be a major blockage.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
actually read all this thread. Best bet is lights, they can be swithed of for races and it would save long thousands on a scheme which is otherwise destined by become a major embaressment.

Do the Dot think they have to promote schemes like this just to justify their existance.

Yup, Lights would be much easier, Although looking at the Groves road junction they could well cock that up too....

No wonder the whole thing is a joke.... look who's in charge

"The Department of Transport's Schemes manager, Jim Davidson, says the junctions at Braddan Church and the Jubilee Oak currently both give priority to Peel Road traffic, to the detriment of the Douglas Outer Link traffic."

_336849_jim_davidson150.jpg

The carriageway will be widened on the approaches to both roundabouts so that there will be two-lane approaches on all three legs.

does this mean the pavement will be removed and put on the other side of the wall as per saddle road? i hope it does as 2 lanes into QB will make a big impact on the morning queue length.

The carriageway will be widened on the approaches to both roundabouts so that there will be two-lane approaches on all three legs.

does this mean the pavement will be removed and put on the other side of the wall as per saddle road? i hope it does as 2 lanes into QB will make a big impact on the morning queue length.

That would be the most logical approach ... so you can guess sure as sh*t that it won't happen.

From MR: Plan B. Now there's gonna be 2 roundabouts at Braddan.

Can't the roundabout at the bottom of Saddle Road be offset into the land where they are storing their equipment at the moment?

A roundabout with a removeable centre sounds like a world first to me. Has anybody seen one of those in their travels?

I wonder who owns the land that has been bought to make the roundabout?... And I wonder how much they were paid for it? - One would expect that this person had absolutely no connections whatsoever with those who planned the roundabout in the first place, or any planning decisions within the parish of Braddan for that matter.

Is anyone in a position to enlighten us on this point?

Yes, I agree with Frances. Anything that gives the island as much as the TT and MGP do must be considered before embarking on a major expenditure to relieve a relatively minor traffic problem in comparison to towns in the UK.

How about opening and expanding the rail network to enable faster trams to be used? Incorporating the horse tram trackway there could be a north south link and a western link isn't impossible. If travel times could be reduced and fare prices set at a reasonable level, then traffic volumes would be reduced at peak times.

Yes, I agree with Frances. Anything that gives the island as much as the TT and MGP do must be considered before embarking on a major expenditure to relieve a relatively minor traffic problem in comparison to towns in the UK.

How about opening and expanding the rail network to enable faster trams to be used? Incorporating the horse tram trackway there could be a north south link and a western link isn't impossible. If travel times could be reduced and fare prices set at a reasonable level, then traffic volumes would be reduced at peak times.

Do I detect irony, or is it sarcasm?

Archived