[BBC News] Pan-island bid for air exemption

Newsbot

If the extra tax was going to be spent on things that help to balance out carbon emissions, like planting more trees or buying and conserving woodland for example then I wouldn't mind, but you know the extra cash is just going to go in the kitty and we, the consumers will be at fault in another 5 years and will have to be taxed again to teach us a lesson.

(I'm not entirely convinced by the whole global warming arguement anyway, but I'd like to see a government spend what it's collected on the reason for us being taxed in the first place)

By the way Gordon, how much in terms of carbon emissions does it take to send all those troops and equipment to Iraq?

i'm in favour of the exemption...we are in a unique situation.

It is outrageous that it cost me less to fly from exeter to manchester than to get a train for the same route, but we don't have the option of a train, I think there is more justification in us using air transport for "domestic" flights (iom>uk) than uk citizens flying uk>uk

If the extra tax was going to be spent on things that help to balance out carbon emissions, like planting more trees or buying and conserving woodland for example then I wouldn't mind, but you know the extra cash is just going to go in the kitty and we, the consumers will be at fault in another 5 years and will have to be taxed again to teach us a lesson.

(I'm not entirely convinced by the whole global warming arguement anyway, but I'd like to see a government spend what it's collected on the reason for us being taxed in the first place)

By the way Gordon, how much in terms of carbon emissions does it take to send all those troops and equipment to Iraq?

Still not convinced after the latest Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Report produced after 2,000 climate scientists from around the world have been working on it for 6 years ? You and Geoge Bush together I suppose.

i'm in favour of the exemption...we are in a unique situation.

It is outrageous that it cost me less to fly from exeter to manchester than to get a train for the same route, but we don't have the option of a train, I think there is more justification in us using air transport for "domestic" flights (iom>uk) than uk citizens flying uk>uk

wasn't there talk last year about a tunnel - that woul dbe one way to take the train.

Archived