What's Happened To The Seacat

Last Ten

What about the dogs who always have to travel inside vehicles? They´re not allowed on board on the Seacat. With the vehicles still on the car deck - have the dogs been rescued?

I hope they got out. However, dogs etc. come last in situations like this, and any idiot who starts diving in the car deck of a sinking ferry, where vehicles can often be moving from side to side etc. just to rescue a family pet deserves all he gets IMO. Too many stupid people drown or die in fires trying to rescue pets.

as i said on the smoking thread..........you are a murderer.

now you advocate murdering animals........

wanker.

You really are a ****wit troll - if you would be happy to risk human lives to save a couple of dogs when the shit hits the fan.

There again, if I knew what you looked like I'd probably rescue the dog first, as the dog would probably have a higher IQ and a better chance of getting a good job than you.

Get life in perspective you idiot.

who's risking lives............? the fooking boat hasnt sank and will get towed to camel laird tomorrow morning .........hardly a case of "risking human lives".......!!!!!!!

the only person who risks human lives is smokers !

back to the seacat......its best for people to comment on the events when all the facts are known. which clearly is not now.

if I knew what you looked like I'd probably rescue the dog first, as the dog would probably have a higher IQ

just because i have a verbose vernacular in respect of foul language should not impair your judgement as to my education.........which by the way is independant school and university.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i think considering the seriousness of this accident and the fact that everone off in one piece is a credit to the crew on board the ship, people should not be so quick to judge.

they may have saved peoples lives.

if they (captin/engineroom crew) did not act as quick as they did we would be mounrning 280 odd people

very true

does anyone know when SeaCat 2 is due back to service? (I have a somewhat selfish interest in that I'm supposedly booked on the Liverpool sailing this coming Friday)

it says on your ticket what vessel you are booked onto.

SSC2 is due back mid/end of march.......

Tickets to the match for you, your son - £150.00

Return IoMSPCo trip to Liverpool, for 2 and a car - £150.00

you were ripped off..........

Tickets to the match for you, your son - should be about £60

Return IoMSPCo trip to Liverpool, for 2 and a car -should be about £98

:lol::lol:

but it did make me laugh !!! :lol:

apart from the bloody match result !

just because i have a verbose vernacular in respect of foul language should not impair your judgement as to my education.........which by the way is independant school and university.

...and you must be very popular with the girls too - because you are singularly the biggest dick I have seen on these forums.

Did you really think I meant leave the dogs in there after everything was safe? I'd love to know what your degree is in.

...and hey! why say things in one post when you can say them in six posts within a couple of minutes.

_

it says on your ticket what vessel you are booked onto.

SSC2 is due back mid/end of march.......

badly phrased question - I knew I was booked on Sea Express, which I assume will not now be making the voyage (unless the damge is more superficial than it seems) - I was hoping that SSC2 might be available otherwise I guess I get transferred to Heysham.

It just show's you how the aluminum boats are not really fit to run in the irish sea if this happened 20 miles out and the pumps stopped we would have a really bad story now.

About time the steam packet bit the bullet and built a boat that can sail 12 months of the year and not one built for seas with waves less than 10ft.

Thank god nobody was hurt and everyone is ok.

Where there is blame there is a claim.

The latest Superfast Ferries are nearly as fast as these seacats and can handle the irish sea no probs.

All they need to do is make one to the size they need it say 500 passengers.

Look Here

It just show's you how the aluminum boats are not really fit to run in the irish sea if this happened 20 miles out and the pumps stopped we would have a really bad story now.

About time the steam packet bit the bullet and built a boat that can sail 12 months of the year and not one built for seas with waves less than 10ft.

Thank god nobody was hurt and everyone is ok.

Where there is blame there is a claim.

The latest Superfast Ferries are nearly as fast as these seacats and can handle the irish sea no probs.

All they need to do is make one to the size they need it say 500 passengers.

Look Here

maybe the sp can't justify buying a new ship, the building/running cost may not be equal to passenger/freight profits and therefore not economical/profitable for the purchase. (just my thought)

altough there is demand it may not be enough for these fast crafts.

King Lear & IFC84 you obviously don’t have a clue on how news rooms operate. Energy along with Manx Radio would have contacted the Coastguard watch room and not some PR spokesperson. All the media have regular contact with the Coastguard & RNLI as well as the local emergency services and as such there are contact details made available to ensure that the information being requested is for a genuine media outlet, and not some berk down the pub. It would not have been possible for the watch room and duty officer to have not known that there was an ongoing incident in the Mersey.

Whilst I appreciate people like to spout crap on forums without any idea what they are talking about, try getting some facts for a change – you might even like it!

Fuck off! The Captains on these vessels are highly trained in using all the equipment properly.

Indeed. Except perhaps:

1) the steering wheel,

2) the brakes (ie reverse), and erm, well

3) the big windows on the bridge. :P

How rude. :rolleyes:

Fuck off! The Captains on these vessels are highly trained in using all the equipment properly.

Indeed. Except perhaps:

1) the steering wheel,

2) the brakes (ie reverse), and erm, well

3) the big windows on the bridge. :P

How rude. :rolleyes:

Thread winner...

Archived