What's Happened To The Seacat

Last Ten

Concern for animals which may or may not have been on board is not ridiculous as there are no statements being issued which would set peoples minds at rest.

The practicalities of knowing which cars to look in and locating the owners and the keys would be horrendous. Perhaps there was not so much as a mouse on board, but it would allay growing concern if someone would issue a statement , mabe giving some information as to how the attendent sevices are proceeding.

Errr... What about the Staff asking for passengers who had pets in the vehicles to come forward??? Hardly "horrendous"....

All the people from the boat will have been put into the Terminal Building. I'm sure that those who had pets in their cars will have made some enquiries about them and could give the staff the reg no and keys for the vehicle so that the staff can go onboard and get the pets out. With no news reports saying that pets are still in the vehicles (and I'm sure some passengers would have kicked up a right fuss if they were not allowed them) then I think we could safely assume that they are all OK.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
but he took a picture of the point of impact. Very impressive picture.

Where is it? I demand it to be posted at once ! :)

He's emailing it to me today..I'll post it later...very impressive pic..you should see the size of the bloody thing

my mate actually was on the outside deck of the cat when the vessel hit. Now, I would have legged it, but he took a picture of the point of impact.

I had been wondering if anyone was out on deck when the incident happened........ I thought that if anyone had been then they would probably have ended up being dunked in the Mersey. Glad to hear he is OK......

awaiting the pics!

Looks like she's totalled now, her Starboard engine room and waterjet rooms are flooded. Any more damage will probably sink her, and they don't want to move her unless its near as flat as you'd ever get in the river, and that not until her hull is repaired sufficiantly.

Repairs to the entire starboard hull and engine room will I'm sure far outgrow her worth....

Looks like she's totalled now, her Starboard engine room and waterjet rooms are flooded. Any more damage will probably sink her, and they don't want to move her unless its near as flat as you'd ever get in the river, and that not until her hull is repaired sufficiantly.

Repairs to the entire starboard hull and engine room will I'm sure far outgrow her worth....

alex have you seen any photos of her today? i cant find anything and i am only presuming she is still afloat

Tomorrow morning on Mandate (Manx Radio FM network 0730-0830) I'll be devoting most (if not all) of the programme to a roundup of the story so far, and Geoff Corkish MHK (ironically the SPC spokesman who retired only last week) has kindly agreed to join me live in the second half.

If anyone here has a serious and valid question you'd like me to put to Mr Corkish, please email me: stuartpeters@manxradio.com

Be aware that a Marine Accident investigation is underway, so he'll not prejudice that by speculating on likely cause - but I'll try to include things from this thread like animals on the car deck, insurance cover for vehicle damage, how quickly can a replacement be found etc.

Tomorrow morning on Mandate (Manx Radio FM network 0730-0830) I'll be devoting most (if not all) of the programme to a roundup of the story so far, and Geoff Corkish MHK (ironically the SPC spokesman who retired only last week) has kindly agreed to join me live in the second half.

If anyone here has a serious and valid question you'd like me to put to Mr Corkish, please email me: stuartpeters@manxradio.com

Be aware that a Marine Accident investigation is underway, so he'll not prejudice that by speculating on likely cause - but I'll try to include things from this thread like animals on the car deck, insurance cover for vehicle damage, how quickly can a replacement be found etc.

Hi Stu

I have one question regarding Mr Corkish, he does not now represent the Steam Packet (correct me if I am wrong?!) he now represents the people of the Isle of Man, and I therefore hope he does not have his Steam Packet head on.

The next thing you may possibly see is the Isle of Man Government stepping in with a handout :(

Call me a cynic if you like.

Local Skeet

Hi Stu

I have one question regarding Mr Corkish, he does not now represent the Steam Packet (correct me if I am wrong?!) he now represents the people of the Isle of Man, and I therefore hope he does not have his Steam Packet head on.

The next thing you may possibly see is the Isle of Man Government stepping in with a handout :(

Local Skeet

Hi Stu

Local Skeet

Apparently, Super SeaCat was moved into the Dry Dock on Tuesday to have the new Gearbox Fitted, So she will be back on again we hope !

Quotes from www.iomtoday.co.im:

(Click here for story)

"There were 218 passengers and 20 crew on board. No one was hurt, although one passenger reported being thrown several feet when the collision occurred"

"My Mother who was walking along the upper deck seating area, was thrown several feet, and was later treated at the Royal Liverpool Hospital for a severely sprained wrist."

Nobody injured, eh?

and, exactly how many people were on board? every report seems to be contradicting each other. If the vessel was out at sea when this happened, would they be looking for 238 people or 294 people?

It's perfectly obvious what really happend.

The Seacat was full of scousers. One of them saw what they thought was a container ship emerging from the mist.

"IT'S FULL OF DVD PLAYERS AND BMW MOTORBIKES!!" cried the passenger.

200 overweight Liverpudlians rushed to the rear exits,screwdrivers at the ready, causing the fastcraft to sink.

Archived