What's Happened To The Seacat

Last Ten

i was down there today to take a look......based on what i saw i am surprised it didnt sink. if the water had been choppy it could well have overwhelmed the stern. i understand that the divers are going to make some repairs to allow it to be moved. i guess it will probably be a write off though....

the report will certainly be interesting to find out who was to blame.....

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i was down there today to take a look......based on what i saw i am surprised it didnt sink.

We were always told that even if both hulls were compromised, it would still float + if I remember it right, the hulls have different sectors in them as well, so one hole won't cause the whole space to fill up..

i was down there today to take a look......based on what i saw i am surprised it didnt sink.

We were always told that even if both hulls were compromised, it would still float + if I remember it right, the hulls have different sectors in them as well, so one hole won't cause the whole space to fill up..

Sort of similar to those in the Titanic then?

Sort of..Titanic had one hull, seacat has two, so you'd need two icebergs....

Sort of..Titanic had one hull, seacat has two, so you'd need two icebergs....

Or to hit a tug and a 18,000 tonne vessel, cant be worse than an iceburg, can it ?

just wondering if both hulls were to become damaged would it still float on the 'belly' ?

just wondering if both hulls were to become damaged would it still float on the 'belly' ?

I am not a mariner, but my understanding of boats is that if you get a whole in it will sink, Apparently the whole is 18ft long by 6ft deep, its a big whole, and i doubt if the size of the whole will not be of any concern to a group of australian bankers,( apart from the whole in the profits ), the only way we will ever have a reliable service is if the manx goverment take control over it, lets face it if they hadn`t of wasted all the money on the goverment enquiries on the likes of mount murray enquiry and the cheif constable commisioning a u.k company to tell us how good the police force is, and the electricity board enquiry ,we could have a bloody cruise liner on the route by now at an affordable cost, instead of these bloody come-day-go-day companies out for a quick buck at our expence, The manx people just wont say boo to a bloody goose, come on wake up !

I am not a mariner, but my understanding of boats is that if you get a whole in it will sink, Apparently the whole is 18ft long by 6ft deep, its a big whole, and i doubt if the size of the whole will not be of any concern to a group of australian bankers,( apart from the whole in the profits ), the only way we will ever have a reliable service is if the manx goverment take control over it, lets face it if they hadn`t of wasted all the money on the goverment enquiries on the likes of mount murray enquiry and the cheif constable commisioning a u.k company to tell us how good the police force is, and the electricity board enquiry ,we could have a bloody cruise liner on the route by now at an affordable cost, instead of these bloody come-day-go-day companies out for a quick buck at our expence, The manx people just wont say boo to a bloody goose, come on wake up !

Ring mannin line on 661368 for a good time!

Ring mannin line on 661368 for a good time!

I thought the manx government banned mannin line ?, Arn`t we now cencered ? or is 3fm or energy fm taking it over the voice of mann, the manx goverment dictate what manx radio can or cant say, we should remember its our island, our tradition, we need a reliable service, We have seen British Airways repeating history they buy the slots then dump us, the polititions promise all, as soon as they are elected and get the sallary they just sit back, Peter Karran is costing us Millions in endless enquiries about What ? The cheif constable was suppossed to sort out our drug problem, what did he do, he had an enquiry, ARE THERE ANY MANX PEOPLE LEFT ON THE ISLAND ? Does nobody care about the Island any more ?

Aren't all of eddie119's examples examples of how government's can't run things. Slagging off Australian Bankers is all very well, but they need to make a profit and that means providing a competitive service.

There is no way whatsoever I want Tony Brown's minions running the ferry service - a massive retrograde step.

Edited to provide original quotation!

Archived