What's Happened To The Seacat

Last Ten

Pfft, I've got style dude - private jet for me what what.

LOL:)

Slot at Heathrow as well!!!

I have the impression Eddie119 thinks the IOM has crashed in the Mersey.

Imagine that, we would immediately lose all cognition of grammar & spelling, the IOM would list 20 degrees to stern, Port Erin & Port St Mary would be under 3 feet of water, sheep would be stolen, and we would have to pay the MEA £120 Mil to use their fibre cable to tow us back to where we should be!

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Eddie119, calm down.

Is the Island going in the wrong direction? Has this any relevence to a topic discussing a maritime collision? Don't really think so.

Posters who seem knowledgeable have commented upon the professionalism of the crews on the boats, the fact no one was seriously hurt and the emergency drills worked seems to show the training worked. There is an ongoing enquiry in to what happened. Whatever the experience of the officers and crew it does look serious that a smaller craft should hit a bigger one not under power. Were the tugs unable to holder the frieghter? - was the seacat in the wrong place? - I don't have a clue, but I'd expect the enquiry to answer these types of questions.

Shit happens/SNAFU, or managerial incompetence? Who knows. But your rants about decline, lack of direction, misguided nationalism really disregard the work of thousands of people who are dedicating their lives to improving this Island. Some work for government, some for industry, some for themselves. They all want to leave a lasting legacy of a better Island.

Looking at this place over the last 30 years [that's the limit of my direct experience - how much do you have Eddie119?] - its better, loads better than it used to be. Low employment, a stronger more diversified economy and better facilities and services whether government supplied or privately.

Most of our problems come from the growing pains of having a bigger population and economy than we've ever had before. We need new hospitals, power infrastructure, schools. With zero net employment (seekers - vacancies) we've needed to import people - that provides challenges to the local population.

Can we adapt? Course we can. Will there be problems on the way? You bet, but I've a faith in this Island pulling through.

It sounds like you just want to rant and personally attack people. Yippee its an anonimous internet forum - keep on posting. But just think about the type of person you are projecting to the outside world.

I have little faith in bureaucrats - if the steam packet, or the government is been run by them its serious. An awful lot of evidence suggests governments stagnate alot more quickly than companies - I would rather if the current mob got their minds around the current problems rather than taking over a perfectly successful private business for no good reason. Is it possible to engage in an adult conversation about these things?

you say we need new hospitals, we have just built one, how may do you want ?, and yes i am manx as where my parents and grand parents, did you say you had only been here for 30 years ? you dont remember the bad times, it has nothing to do with who crashed into who, it is the general feeling on the island that we are being sold down the river, we need reliability whether it be transport or tourism,

The fact is that any incident in these waters will be investigated by the MAIB, so the IOM is not in a vacuum, it is subject to external scrutiny.

Of course, but any investigation has an outcome, and it will be interesting reading I'm sure. Something needs addressing, as otherwise the accident wouldn't have happended. I would be the first to say that we should not pre-empt the outcome, but nevertheless, I do suspect that it will open up additional discussions - as all investigations tend to do.

Yep, I picked it up cheap from BA.

;)

Damm, you must have out bid me on e-bay for that,

Are you bidding on the seacat on e-bay ?

Is it for sale then? I noticed a few for sale from Sea Containers but not seen this one advertised yet.

I have the impression Eddie119 thinks the IOM has crashed in the Mersey.

Imagine that, we would immediately lose all cognition of grammar & spelling, the IOM would list 20 degrees to stern, Port Erin & Port St Mary would be under 3 feet of water, sheep would be stolen, and we would have to pay the MEA £120 Mil to use their fibre cable to tow us back to where we should be!

Whats with the Grammar and Spelling that i keep hearing ?, I was educated at King Bills, There is nothing wrong with my Grammar, My Parents paid a lot of money for my eduication,

;)

Is it for sale then? I noticed a few for sale from Sea Containers but not seen this one advertised yet.

Advertised as one carefull owner, With Slight Leak,

;)

Advertised as one carefull owner, With Slight Leak,

I will be on the Mannin Line tommorow!

The fact is that any incident in these waters will be investigated by the MAIB, so the IOM is not in a vacuum, it is subject to external scrutiny.

Of course, but any investigation has an outcome, and it will be interesting reading I'm sure. Something needs addressing, as otherwise the accident wouldn't have happended. I would be the first to say that we should not pre-empt the outcome, but nevertheless, I do suspect that it will open up additional discussions - as all investigations tend to do.

Absolutely agree AT - probably will turn out to be major equipment failure, or gross incompetence, I'm sure the courts will decide.

That will probably open up another can of worms!

Night all, bedtime for me, have to work in the morning :)

If you want to rant about the state of the island, start a new thread.

Quite what the collision in the Mersey has to do with that is beyond me.

This is relevant, because IF it turns out (whoever was to blame for the accident) influenced the accident through poor training, lack of procedures etc. etc. the 'who, why and how things are run' all become important factors.

Enquiries and investigations tend to open up a rats' nest of issues.

For example, remember that this is the second incident (the Heysham sandbank incident?) in recent months. I for one want to know that everything is safe, and that the control of people's lives is in the right hands. Other people do too, which is why there is an enquiry running looking at both parties.

You are behind the times, the Ben ran aground on the sand bank again yesterday and was there for half an hour,

I can't quite understand how someone can boast about being manx, but then go on to completely slag the Island off. If its so crap, leave.

Go somewhere else.

Chances are you won't be missed.

It probably takes living elsewhere, to realise what a great place this island is, nothing is perfect, but I don't know a better place to live.

If everyone had your attitude eddie, I might think differently.

Start a new thread about what a crap place this is to live, might not be a very long one though.

20 posts for you, that nearly equals your IQ.

I can't quite understand how someone can boast about being manx, but then go on to completely slag the Island off. If its so crap, leave.

Go somewhere else.

Chances are you won't be missed.

It probably takes living elsewhere, to realise what a great place this island is, nothing is perfect, but I don't know a better place to live.

If everyone had your attitude eddie, I might think differently.

Start a new thread about what a crap place this is to live, might not be a very long one though.

20 posts for you, that nearly equals your IQ.

i think it's alright to be proud of being manx and critisise the island (not completely slag it off).

For example, I considor myself Manx (lived here since very young) but I'm glad I'm having a few years off the island over at uni, doesn't mean I hate the place, I have the flag up on the wall and like it when i come back.

anyway.....this has well strayed from the point.

Does anyone have any fresh pictures or news, I know someone was promising a picture of the moment of impact!

the incident is far from over - approx 80 people could lose their vehicles. That is news, to me.

In other news today, man gets annoyed because news he already knows is not reported. Boo Hoo.

Actually my point was that a local community radio station that does not have a news and weather report every hour has a touch of a squeak about it.

Whats with the Grammar and Spelling that i keep hearing ?, I was educated at King Bills, There is nothing wrong with my Grammar, My Parents paid a lot of money for my eduication,

They should apply for a refund.

Archived