What's Happened To The Seacat

Last Ten

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IOM examiner front page story by Paul Doom Speller and Stephen Doom Parry says "Passengers on board Saturdays's ill fated Sea Express..."

reminds me of: Frazer - he had wild staring eyes too and was known for issuing regular pronouncements of doom "Doomed, doomed we're all doomed!".

Removing my flippant hat, it certainly could have been a lot worse.

I was sat down at a table with the pint in my hand which meant neither I nor it went very far. People who weren't sitting and food and drinks which weren't being held did go flying. There were about six or seven people in the bar sat on their backsides after the impact. I'd imagine for those that weren't sitting in the main passenger area it would have been similar.

I did see the woman with the sprained wrist on my way back last night and she was complaining about the onshore treatment she did/did not receive, although that may be a criticism of the NHS than the IoMSPCo.

Think that lady has just appeared on the news. I'm saying nothing as I wasn't on the seacat, so I don't know how bad things were.

I'm sure it was a frightening experience. Everyone got off the boat alive and that's the main thing. People should be compensated by the steam packet - be it a free journey somewhere or some vouchers or something - just the gesture to apologise more than anything else, but that's it. No need for major compensation claims from passengers.

"edited because I made a mistake I wan't to correct."

edit: FORCHRISTSAKES!

People should be conpensated by the steam packet - be it free journey somewhere or some vouchers or something - just the jesture to apologise more than anything else, but that's it. No need for major compensation claims from passengers.

The above would be an acceptable statement if the IOMSP Co were to blame....however there is a MAIB inquiry and until its conclusion the public don't know who is to blame

People should be conpensated by the steam packet - be it free journey somewhere or some vouchers or something - just the jesture to apologise more than anything else, but that's it. No need for major compensation claims from passengers.

The above would be an acceptable statement if the IOMSP Co were to blame....however there is a MAIB inquiry and until its conclusion the public don't know who is to blame

I think they should do anyway. I'm not saying for a minute that they are to blame, just that many of their passengers (some of them regular travellers no doubt) have been through a pretty rough experience and it wouldn't do any harm for them to acknowledge that with gesture of goodwill.

God my spelling is terrible this evening...

Pretty annoyed over the fact it's still floating... would of been a ball if it were to of gone down :(

haha.. shit does indeed happen.

It probably would of gone down if it did this. The Lady of mann was back in service a few days after this head on bump with a concrete pier.

post-3401-1170720591_thumb.jpg

Archived