What's Happened To The Seacat

Last Ten

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I have just watched the BBC regional bulletin on BBC1, it showed the Seacat, what a bump she has taken..... all her "back end" is a mess and also the bridge appears to have taken a bump too (right hand side Starboard if I remember correctly)

Looks like she is gonna be out of action for a long time.

Still no mention of the incident on the SP site.

When is the next MR news? They seem to think that we want to listen to the football all afternoon rather than be updated on what is, to the Isle of Man, a major news story.

They broke the news when they knew about it. But after saying "There was a collision. No one was hurt. Here's what the MD of steam packet says." There's not much else to report really is there? It's hardly so newsworthy they should break the normal schedule when there is fuck all else to report.

You are online - go to a news site (Manx Radio even!) for all the breaking news that just isn't happening. You can even listen to clever little audio clips too.

http://www.manxradio.com/readItem.aspx?ID=...mp;cate=General

When is the next MR news? They seem to think that we want to listen to the football all afternoon rather than be updated on what is, to the Isle of Man, a major news story.

They broke the news when they knew about it. But after saying "There was a collision. No one was hurt. Here's what the MD of steam packet says." There's not much else to report really is there? It's hardly so newsworthy they should break the normal schedule when there is fuck all else to report.

You are online - go to a news site (Manx Radio even!) for all the breaking news that just isn't happening. You can even listen to clever little audio clips too.

http://www.manxradio.com/readItem.aspx?ID=...mp;cate=General

Most radio stations have a news bulletin on the hour every hour.

I tuned in at 3 o'clock this afternoon. Football.

So we have to rely on the BBC for the latest information. MR's website has been static on this story.

And learn that salvage is on-going, and that the incident is far from over - approx 80 people could lose their vehicles. That is news, to me.

Archived