What's Happened To The Seacat

Last Ten

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The seacat is owned by the Steam Packet's owners, and I very much doubt they will bother to repair her, she's 16 years old and only worth about £2 million. The repairs will cost a few million more than that methinks....

The nearest available fastcraft is Stena Lynx III, sister to the Rapide and sitting in the dock system, I wouldn't be surprised if she was in service by next Friday, but shes only available until April, so either the SPC will screw us over, or we will get a new fastcraft, and there are only a few readily available.

She's stuck on the landing stage, and they will not move her until she is checked out, I think any open contact with the tidal stream would flood her quicker then she could be pumped, and it would take a bit of skill to get her into the dock system safely.

As for the dogs, well, her cardeck isn't underwater, yet....

yep looks like junes sausage sucking invasion is off

hooray there is a god

What a strange attitude!!!

TT creates a great chunk of MONEY for our economy... Get a grip of the times freak :blink:

20 years ago maybe when the economy was tourist based but not now with all the offshore banking so come back to reality little boy

all you want to see is thoughs lap danceing slags anyway you dirt little fecker

What about the dogs who always have to travel inside vehicles? They´re not allowed on board on the Seacat. With the vehicles still on the car deck - have the dogs been rescued?

I hope they got out. However, dogs etc. come last in situations like this, and any idiot who starts diving in the car deck of a sinking ferry, where vehicles can often be moving from side to side etc. just to rescue a family pet deserves all he gets IMO. Too many stupid people drown or die in fires trying to rescue pets.

The company's just gone down hill since the last purchase - they seem to think the route can run itself. Most of the senior staff who knew what they were doing and understood how to operate sailings on a unique route like this have gone.

I'd be interested if its the usual captain and crew or the rent-a-mob that they had on last time I used the service.

General rule of the sea: small manoerverable boat keeps out of the way of large lumbering vessel which cannot manoerver quickly. Today the word 'experienced' means old - and that does not fit in with current labour practices, where 'young' means cheap labour. One sees this all over. A lot of experienced knowledge has gone to waste. Knowledge that cannot be learnt in a class room. Class rooms are good for learning your English language, health & safety, and hey presto, you are an expert at anything!

yep looks like junes sausage sucking invasion is off

TT creates a great chunk of MONEY for our economy... Get a grip of the times freak :blink:

this statement has never actually been proved - sometime ago someone made the same comment that after all the expenses (many of them hidden such as policeing, skewed road maintenance,inconvenience to many others etc) the Island still made a profit but neglected to indicate any public confirmation of even the magnitude of the profit. The year that it was cancelled was not a major disaster but proved that considerable tourist money came from other sources - many in tourist trade (eg the previous owner of the Sefton) claim that the peak loading of the TT is actually not good and promotes the wrong image. The loss of the Sea Express may make life somewhat more difficult in a year when the loading was expected to be very high - they are now dangerously reliant on two vessels for pax - freight can always be handled by the slow rusty tubs that normally do duty in TT week.

The company's just gone down hill since the last purchase - they seem to think the route can run itself. Most of the senior staff who knew what they were doing and understood how to operate sailings on a unique route like this have gone.

I'd be interested if its the usual captain and crew or the rent-a-mob that they had on last time I used the service.

To take a ship up the Mersey you have to have the required pilots ticket and every SP captain has one. What you mean by "rent a mob" I do not know. If the skipper does not have a ticket, he has to have a pilot. Some years ago when the Superseacat was operating with an Italian skipper, there was always a SP skipper riding shotgun.

Dont be to quick to blame the crew. Wait until the facts are known.

The SP website claims that the Cat was in collision with a tug - not the tanker - "reported a collision with a Liverpool tug in close proximity to the Landing Stage." - probably an honest mistake but I would have expected the owners to have some inside info.

Archived