Iran: A War Is Coming

Crozza

17 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I think that is only because as a species we are territorial, we don't like people just turning up and making use of our stuff. I can't help thinking that without borders we could live as we prefer to live and anywhere we like or feel that we can support ourselves. All we would need are basic rules to live and let live.

Your species can shove your territoriality up your d-cks. I'm glad I'm an alien.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

How would you describe this fella quilp? Just for calibration purposes.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/dec/27/eddie-gallagher-trump-navy-seal-iraq

Are the two incidents comparable? Can't make a connection to be honest.

How many have suffered at Qassem's instruction. What's his body count? 

• Like 1

Closeted Jesus freak Mike Pence has been tweeting, trying to justify this killing by linking it to 9/11, despite the commission report saying Iran had nothing to do with it and getting the numbers wrong. Its pretty depressing that this is the world we live in

14 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Actions have consequences. Don't be expecting any sympathy the next time some mentally challenged jihadi blows themselves up in a shopping mall.

Already old news!Paris yesterday 1pm,according to the BBC,a man was stabbed to death in a park,his wife is seriously injured ,by a "mental " patient,who had religious materials in his bag,too early to say it is a terrorist act, says the BBC.

Most Islamist nut jobs in the West are Sunni and see Iran’s Shia Islam as heresy. 
You wouldn’t say the UDF is inspired by loyalty to the Pope. Replace UDF with Isis and Pope with Iran’s Shia Theocracy and the situation is the same. 

10 hours ago, mojomonkey said:

Nice deflection.

Deflection? How so?

There's a certain irony in this, and that is Western Liberal critics of America, and its allies, are wilfuly ignoring the authoritarian islamic republic's past and present involvement in state-sponsored global terrorism and the oppressive treatment it metes out to its own citizens because those liberals hate America- especially Trump's America.

It is not just the US that has issues with Soleimani (though he was designated to have 'terrorist' status by them as early as 2005.

The British army identified him as the 'Leader of the Shia militia orchestrating terrorist attacks on UK forces in Basra'. He was sanctioned by the UN Security Council in 2007, again by the EU in 2011, and by the Swiss that same year.

His status in the US was officially 'Known terrorist'.

14 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Am I missing something here (and apologies if this has been covered earlier in the thread and I've missed it)

WTF was an Iranian senior military officer with a reputation for exporting and assisting armed insurgency doing in Baghdad, Iraq anyway?

After what Iraq has been through in the last 30 odd years, including a ten year war with Iran itself and two Gulf conflicts (the second of which was undoubtedly partly fuelled and extended by Iranian involvement) and then semi-occupation with ISIS, one would have thought that they might have had enough without presumably inviting further conjuring of conflict onto their soil?

Attack is the best form of defence and the Pasdaran are the guardians of the religious state. Plus part of the Pasdaran's brief is to export the Islamic Revolution of Iran. That's what the Quds does.

Easy to see how Soleimani could be fitted up as a "terrorist" for Trump's political gain.

Soleimani was not designated a terrorist by Trump.

The designation happened in 2005 under George W. Bush and continued throughout the Obama reign. T. Blair was UK PM at the time and the UN, EU and others have sanctioned him for numerous terrorism related actions.

That might well be convenient for Trump - but it occurred more than a decade before his Presidency.

6 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

Soleimani was not designated a terrorist by Trump.

The designation happened in 2005 under George W. Bush and continued throughout the Obama reign. T. Blair was UK PM at the time and the UN, EU and others have sanctioned him for numerous terrorism related actions.

That might well be convenient for Trump - but it occurred more than a decade before his Presidency.

It's dodgy ground though.

UK Special Forces carry out the same missions on our behalf as the Quds do for the Islamic State.

So is their Director a "terrorist" to the Iranians?

They have said they will respond. So I guess we'll find out...

• Like 1