[BBC News] Labrador tied up and left to die

Newsbot

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You really are a nasty piece of shit. Probably the sort of person that might think of doing something like this too, as clearly you find it amusing. :whatever:

total idiot

Backs up my comment on a previous topic. Definate Troll. But in pure bad taste on this one.

You don't need a full stop after the question mark, only psycopaths do that...

Keyboarder, you really are an utter waste of space on this planet. I wish you a painful and slow death to cancer of the bellend.

If keyboarder finds this subject amusing, perhaps he could travel with them.

Pffft, dear me, what an odd bunch this board attracts. Good job I'm thick skinned or it might get a bit scary........ lol,lol

And now it's descended into the usual religious/anti religious waffle from the usual suspects. Yawn................zzzzz, lol,lol.....

lol lol .... lol lol

Don't understate things - I can sum up all of keyboarder's posting career on here easily:

Lol, lol....lol, holier than thou, lol, offence, lol, abuse, lol, lol, lol, bullshit & OTT onoxiousness, lol, more offence (because no-one likes me), lol, lol.

Dunno what the religion comments were either - idn't spot any posts about it on here but I can't be arsed checking what the forum mascot tit is on about now....

Dunno what the religion comments were either - idn't spot any posts about it on here but I can't be arsed checking what the forum mascot tit is on about now....

Those would be my comments questioning DJ Dan.

Pffft, dear me, what an odd bunch this board attracts.

I like this. A bleat on an internet board about users from a user - oh well.

A pretty horrid picture of the dog is across the front page of the Indy. First thought was that it's a bit much - the image is actually quite sickening.

My initial thoughts were the same in all honesty. I have a Labrador myself (Ok, a LabradorISH dog, sure there is some Collie mixed in there with him). He is a rescue dog, subject to a lengthy court case due to horrific mistreatment. Young Labs are a handful, as the pile of destroyed socks years ago stood testament to the fact!

The only problem I have is that young kids might see the front page. A huge headline on the front page, with the picture inside would have sat a little better with me. I am just as disgusted with the majority of people in this thread. I had to cope with an inconsolable 10 year old daughter last night, as she had seen the picture when she had gone to the sweet shop after school.

Saying that, I hope that it has the desired effect, and the guilty are found and punished accordingly.

The picture is shocking. I felt physically sick when I saw it and I can only imagine that the person who found the dog must have been terrified that the psychopath(s) who did this could be still lurking in the area.

The most disturbing thing for me is that the killing looks like it was a thought-out and lengthy process, during which time the perpetrator(s) didn’t come to their senses and stop. It worries me that there are psychopaths like that who are living here with us.

I don't see how an owner would have done this to their dog, as it was described as healthy and recently fed, yet apparently there have been no reports of a missing pet. It does make you wonder if there was a 'motive' behind this.

Surely not the owner, nor a dangerous psychopath, but an act of blackmail or retribution.

It would explain why the dog's owner is not heading up the article saying 'what sick f*ck did this to my dog?' Why have they not spoken up? And why has the giant carrot of the reward produced no takers? Dodgy, dodgy, dodgissimo....

Its all very odd.. if the dog was local and had ever had a responsible owner then they would of had it licenced. When you apply for a licence you have to give details of the breed and colourings so the Police would surely be able to have a list of recently registered chocolate labradors and I can't imagine they are that common - or I may be wrong?

Plus aren't labradors quite desirable (expensive) dogs which you usually go to a breeder for?

Does anyone know how close the dog was to the actual reservoir - was it a bungled attempt to throw it into the water?

Thought the same Confused, a quick check of island vets would have revealed all the chocolate Labs (or with the Kennel Club) on the Island and then check with each that they still have the dog. I just can't imagine a family (especially children) not missing their dog and not making the connection with this poor unfortunate beast.

Its all very odd.. if the dog was local and had ever had a responsible owner then they would of had it licenced. When you apply for a licence you have to give details of the breed and colourings so the Police would surely be able to have a list of recently registered chocolate labradors and I can't imagine they are that common - or I may be wrong?

Plus aren't labradors quite desirable (expensive) dogs which you usually go to a breeder for?

Does anyone know how close the dog was to the actual reservoir - was it a bungled attempt to throw it into the water?

I'm sure 'Keystone of the Yard' is already following those lines of inquiry.

I am just as disgusted with the majority of people in this thread.

I'm confused - why would you be disgusted with people who are also disgusted about this horrible event?

Or did you mean just as disgusted as the majority of people in this thread?

Sorry - not trying to pick holes - it just didn't make sense to me being that just about everyone agrees (for once) that this was a really nasty thing.

I think there's a very good chance that the owner of the dog did this. Otherwise, why would no one come forward to say this was their dog?

There's a few reasons why someone with a warped mind might do something like this. It could be a bizarre case of revenge against the dog for maybe being destructive or snapping at a member of the family. (I know of people who are stupid enough to think this way although thankfully do not keep animals, with the exception of their children) Or perhaps it's bitten someone and the owners want rid, but think (probably incorrectly) they may fall foul of dangerous dogs legislation?

Archived