[BBC News] Labrador tied up and left to die

Newsbot

I think the picture is very distressing, but am undecided whether it should have been published or not.

Having seen the picture though, I can only hope that the dog was seriously enough injured in the drop to have died quite quickly, rather than to have lain there suffering for too long.

The whole thing is just sick.

I really hope that the perpetrators are caught and named. I do not think I could be responsible for my actions if I learned I was in the same room as one of them.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they did right printing the picture. Yes it's distressing but unfortunately there are sick people out there. Reasonable people would never do this sort of thing but immature people might not care or even think it's funny till they actually see a picture like this.

We shouldn't be shielded from the bad things of the world. If Michael Burke had just done a radio broadcast from Ethiopia do you think anything would have been done on the same scale?

...... If Michael Burke had just done a radio broadcast from Ethiopia do you think anything would have been done on the same scale?

More than a valid comment sarahc. I remember the effect it had on me when I was 11 which, admittedly, is only a year older than my daughter is now.

I just wish I could get my head around it all to be honest.

On second thoughts, I don't. I want to live in a world where this kind of thing doesn't happen.

To clarify, I don't have an issue with them printing the photo, just not on the front page where it serves as a poster when the paper is on display. I had no control over my children seeing it when they walked into the shop and that's just irresponsible. My daughter is a sensitive enough little flower without being upset by a front page spread. See IOM Newspapers? My daughter was crying and that's YOUR fault, you stupid fucks.

*edited* I can't really be arsed with you now. The novelty has worn off so I've removed what I was going to leave here as you just don't get it, having to resort to "You must be gay - nyer!" type comments says a lot about you.

I feel sorry for you.

*edited* I can't really be arsed with you now. The novelty has worn off so I've removed what I was going to leave here as you just don't get it, having to resort to "You must be gay - nyer!" type comments says a lot about you.

I feel sorry for you.

Do you actually know what 'Drop The Dead Donkey' refers to?

I feel sorry for you.

Do you actually know what 'Drop The Dead Donkey' refers to?

Of course. It just was a very bad taste joke you made. If you don't understand that you probably have a chemical imbalance in your brain.

I see didn't elaborate on your 'gay' comments on account of them being so pitiful.

Bye bye.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived