[BBC News] Labrador tied up and left to die

Newsbot

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's with this money appeal from Energy FM? I cannot remember how many thousands they have collected.... and for what??! You don't reward someone for owning up and admitting who did it!! Not one member of the public has been able to discover who it actually was.. and so what does that tell you? if there was someone able to help, they would have done so already. The only ones who know anything now, are the ones who did it.

So what's the point with this Energy FM appeal?? And who gets the collected money since no one has been caught?

Collecting money to award somone who finds a dog killer.... !! <_< That money could be far better spent on those in need! Give it to a charity, or a special individual in need of some living saving treatment!

How long does it take for police to contact all the names on a list???

Is it not reasonable to assume that they have contacted everyone.... and have nothing more to go by? - thus, case over! If they're still out there collecting evidence, then I really don't know what has taken them all this time.

*rant over*

Collecting money to award somone who finds a dog killer.... !! <_< That money could be far better spent on those in need! Give it to a charity, or a special individual in need of some living saving treatment!

With the Tower Insurance reward of £2500 (plus other donations to that fund) and the Energy FM fund - that brings the total to well over £10K. Makes you think doesn't it? I mean, I can't remember a reward being offered when the the hunt was on for the murderer of two teenagers on the island.

The reward is over £4000 because so many people have been touched by the story and want this person(s) caught.

Who knows what this person is capable of, next time it could be your child. Extreme? not un-common in the world.

The reward came about through a listener pledging money to catch the culprits, it just gathered momentum from there.

I am amazed that no progress seems to have been made in investigating this. Chocolate labs are not particularly common, and you would know if your neighbour had one. You would also expect it would be missed by other members of the family.

Very odd.

The reward is over £4000 because so many people have been touched by the story and want this person(s) caught.

Who knows what this person is capable of, next time it could be your child. Extreme? not un-common in the world.

The reward came about through a listener pledging money to catch the culprits, it just gathered momentum from there.

I don't disagree that some murderers very often start out by killing and torturing animals as kids, (though equally there are more kids that have killed and tortured animals that have not gone on to murder). My point was that when it does happen to people (e.g. the offering of a reward) there doesn't seem to be a consistent response from people.

What you are really saying I think, and I would probably agree with, is that deep down people are offering the reward to catch a potential murderer. Which makes the lack of progress all the more worrying.

Makes you think doesn't it? I mean, I can't remember a reward being offered when the the hunt was on for the murderer of two teenagers on the island.

People don't like to openly criticise or condemn a murderer in case it happens to them.

Kill a dog? You're evil and you'll be told.

Kill someone with a piece of stupid of driving? You're evil and you'll be told.

Slash someone's throat? Sorry, we were looking the other way. None of our business. Don't want to get involved.

I am amazed that no progress seems to have been made in investigating this. Chocolate labs are not particularly common, and you would know if your neighbour had one. You would also expect it would be missed by other members of the family.

Very odd.

Amateur sleuth caps on. Maybe the dog was dyed. Elementary...... lol

• 1 month later...

I cannot believe that people have organised a ******* memorial service for a dog. There'll be two minutes silence at football matches next!

This demeans the meaning of a 'memorial service'.

A memorial service held at the MSPCA headquarters Ard-Jekyl on Saturday, saw the unveiling of a commerative headstone (pictured) donated by Pooil Vaish Quarry. The event was well attended by dog lovers and their pets.

I still can't believe they have not found who did this either, even though the reward now stands at £10K.

I can see the relevance considering who held the memorial service - the Manx Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals - animals is the nature of their business and if they want to hold a memorial service for an animal that was horrifically murdered, why not? No one was forced to attend, those that felt the need to go and attend, did. I don't understand why you should be so bothered by it. There are worse things that people could go and do.

I still can't believe they have not found who did this either, even though the reward now stands at £10K.

I'm shocked and surprised some enterprising criminal hasn't been named by one of his mates, in exchange for half the reward. I can't imagine any penalty dished out by the court is going to amount to much more than a moderate fine and a suspended sentence. If they don't give a stuff about another notch on their record, it's easy cash.

then again how much are your kneecaps worth or the peace of mind that your nearest and dearest aren't going to be bothered by a psyco capable of inflicing extreme cruelty on one of god's creatures that couldn't argue its own defence.

Archived