Manx Telecom = Thieving Scumbags?

3v0

as others have mentioned.......compare mobile competition to flights.....

when euromanx and emerald were both on the LPL-IOM route you could fly for £19 one way (18 months ago).

now that there is only euromanx their tickets start from £41 one way and more generally are £52 or £57.

once the competitor has gone the prices rise to resoup losses. be careful what you wish for......

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I must admit I am happy with every service I've had from MT and I've never quibbled over mobile fees, and wherever I've gone in the world the phone hooks up and I can use it straight away.

agreed, except Bolivia....

My only beef with MT is the shite, woeful, pathetic, badly organised, crud, dont-give-a-shit showroom on Victoria Street. Can you ever queue for less than 40 minutes, or speak to anyone, or buy anything convieniently. Never. Swift Communications must make a fortune out of that shop as you get pissed off of queuing after 10 minutes and go next door and buy what you wanted without wasting your entire lunchtime.

I agree wholeheartedly with above with following observations :

When you actually get a sales assistant, they are not too bad and reasonably informed, but the waiting around drives you bananas...

far to long to get served, and then takes far too long to purchase an item..

sort it out!!!

Would the people who are commenting on this subject care to declare if they are employed by MT at all ? (Or any of the other operators)

As a by-stander its difficult to see if these comments are from Joe Public or from Loyal employees ?

Thanks

Would the people who are commenting on this subject care to declare if they are employed by MT at all ? (Or any of the other operators)

As a by-stander its difficult to see if these comments are from Joe Public or from Loyal employees ?

Thanks

Nope not employed by any of them, I am an astronaut caught up in a love triangle/kidnapping plot ;)

Not an employee of MT. My only connection to them is the bit of wire that comes into the house.

I've never had any problem with their service.

I would like it to be cheaper - but I'd also like bread, fuel, gas, electricity, flights, sailings and a load of other things to be cheaper too.

Thanks

you go first.......... ;)

you go first.......... ;)

Sure - I dont work for any of the mobile operators.

so who do you work for ?

FFS - Not that it matters, but I work for one of the ISPs. CHeckout my other posts. What about you ?

Anyway, the point of the original post was to gauge if the views were real or were they a result of employee loyality. You will notice I havent commented on the issue myself. But I would like to understand what the "Real" views are

I got fed up with having to make double trips as to get a phone I had to go home and get my PASSPORT !

previously they wanted a company order on headed paper, blah blah, went next door !

a week or so ago someone wanting adsl goes into the shop to organise it, but they can't do it, 'cos it's a business line, comes back and phones, - done in a couple of minutes flat ! - what's that all about ?

If you look through my post history you will know I work for MT.

Still dosent get away from the fact that 3v0 was patronising.

I wont comment on this thread due to me being seen as biassed anyway. I was pointing out that the original post in my opinion was incorrect and that MT are just bracing themselves for the impending competition.

Whether the competition is a good or bad thing, as other posters have touched on, will be seen in a few years time.

If you look through my post history you will know I work for MT.

I'm shocked.... ;)

Still dosent get away from the fact that 3v0 was patronising.

I apologise you feel I was patronising, it is nothing personal, just a debate.

Whether the competition is a good or bad thing, as other posters have touched on, will be seen in a few years time.

I personally don't think it can hurt for consumers to have a choice..

buy it all online........

or better still -

dont have a mobile - save yourself ££££££££££.

No Contract

No Upgrade costs

No Monthly bills - ever!

and best of all - If you are out - you dont have to answer the bloody thing and hold a loud, pointless conversation 3 feet from my ear.

Archived