Manx Telecom = Thieving Scumbags?

3v0

It does seem rather bizarre that dealers are being stopped from selling MT's products.

I would have thought MT would have wanted as many "shop windows" for their products as they can get?

Instead they seem to be rubbing their dealers up the wrong way which - presumably - will make these dealers have a certain amount of resentment to MT (apparent from the recent press article)

It's a bit like a tortoise recalling back into its (one and only) shell when danger is close?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

am waiting with anticpiation for the adverts from Cloud9 and C&W on Manx Radio, then again suppose there was an "exclusive" equipment supply deal done for mobiles etc with MR in return agreeing not to carry the competitors adverts? would that be in the best interests of the taxpayer?

am waiting with anticpiation for the adverts from Cloud9 and C&W on Manx Radio, then again suppose there was an "exclusive" equipment supply deal done for mobiles etc with MR in return agreeing not to carry the competitors adverts? would that be in the best interests of the taxpayer?

If your making an accusation you should at least have the guts to say it properly.

I doubt any radio station would turn down advertising if approached.

its a matter of wait and see hear.

To be fair I doubt MR listeners are in the demographic they are looking for anyway. C & W is to be a mobile service only I doubt they need to advertise to the old gimmers that keep MR going unless they do a basic mobile phone range with big buttons.

Ok I started this topic so now I'll maybe lay it to rest. Or not. Thieving

Scumbags?

Their finest hour has to be letting people run up pay as you go Internet

access far beyond the level of fixed price access. The customer's own fault

no doubt. I know of people who's kids have run up 500 quid bills and NOT

once did MT warn them. OK, you "clever" people are going to say "serves them

right". Does it? Shouldn't a company with a monopoly say "er, you do realise

Manxnet Freedom is cheaper?".

Manx Telecom have been really consistent. Every month for the last ten years

they've sent me a bill. Recently they've also sent me a txt too. "Pay your

bill now".

But now I get "Have a free phone, sign here for 18/24 months". Even more

insulting is I can get "free" minutes/txts. No, at best I get "inclusive"

txts/minutes. Their advertising has already been proved wrong in the UK by

the ASA for other companies. How can anything be "free" if you have to pay a

monthly fee for it?

Now I know we all have to pay our bills. It sucks but we do. Wouldn't it be

nice just to have a choice of who's services we have to pay for?

Unless everyone knows something I don't, the ONLY mobile phone service

provider in the Isle of Man is Manx Telecom.

There is a valid argument that the Isle of Man can't support 3 service

providers. But there's also a real argument that it can't progress with just

one.

Ean, I shall stand corrected on this one. It was a couple of years ago I had this problem and to be honest, it really did put me off. The problem I had was trying to explain why I wanted 3 mobiles registered to the one card. From my personal experience, MT really do win on customer services.

My Mum, who is not the youngest or most spritely person on this earth moved house recently. She needed landline, internet and mobile sorting, so she called up, verified who she was and gave the girl she was talking to permission for me to sort it out for her. The person I spoke to looked at my Mum's account and recommended a new tariff for her, one which Mum is over the moon with. There aren't many companies I know of who will sell a package whereby they actually receive less money off the customer!

They didn't do this before the threat of competition loomed. They have had a VERY good time until now gouging the Manx customer

Both Isle of Man Newspapers and Manx Radio have carried pieces about the new companies. What equipment would they supply that neither has already? Particularly equipment that would be worth turning down sources of advertising for?

Oh, wait - I know who you are... all my questions are suddenly answered :)

Archived