The Who Play At Tt - Rock On Tommy!

The Agitator

Motor Cycle News:

Rock supergroup The Who have confirmed that they will open the Peel Bay Festival as part of the 100th TT party celebrations on the Isle of Man on May 30, 2007.

The seven-day long festival is being held in a 10,000 capacity marquee located on the West coast of the Island on the outskirts of the historic City of Peel - and is set to be the biggest and best music event the Isle of Man has ever hosted.

McFly, Ronan Keating, Madness and The Stranglers have all been confirmed as well as Manx born Bee Gee, Robin Gibb who will be performing on the 4th night in a special homecoming concert in preparation for his move back to the Island.

Promoter Jonathan Irving said “This is a fantastic coup for both the Peel Bay Festival and the Isle of Man.

“It is many, many years since such legendary artists have performed here on the Island and we are thrilled we have secured them to open our Festival. This is indeed a legendary opening for what we hope will be a legendary Festival”.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting news, I’ve just been told that the local radio stations have been told that this is embargoed until 1.00pm but its ok for the UK press to run the story.

It’s also typical of the attitude on the island where everything revolves around the papers, the number of times press releases are held until the Manx papers are printed is ridiculous.

There's still two dates to be filled on the website, too.

Also, doors open at 18:00 - practice starts at 18:00, so if you want to go to The Who or Roan Keating gigs, you'd better leave early, or you're going to be stuck in Archallagan in a big queue. I can't go as I'm marshalling up on the Mountain until 9pm (or whenever the roads open again), so will have to give it a miss.

You've got to hand it to the Street heritage guys, they've got soem pretty good bands lined-up (not all my taste but you've got to cater for everyone).

I'm still waiting with baited breath to see who the DTL put on at the Villa, Showaddywaddy and Suzi Quatro again?

Can't actually slag them off after the last few years efforts but would be interested to see if the old rumours of Plant and Deep Purple materialise.

You've got to hand it to the Street heritage guys, they've got soem pretty good bands lined-up (not all my taste but you've got to cater for everyone).

I'm still waiting with baited breath to see who the DTL put on at the Villa, Showaddywaddy and Suzi Quatro again?

Can't actually slag them off after the last few years efforts but would be interested to see if the old rumours of Plant and Deep Purple materialise.

I have heard a rumor the Villa aren't going to book anyone big. The attitude was the Peel thing has got it all tied up so they shouldn't even try to compete.

I have heard a rumor the Villa aren't going to book anyone big. The attitude was the Peel thing has got it all tied up so they shouldn't even try to compete.

They should go for comedians instead - Billy Connolly or someone like that:)

Archived