[BBC News] Island set to miss heaviest snow

Newsbot

The Isle of Man is expected to escape the heavy snow which has caused travel chaos in parts of England, forecasters say.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/6342099.stm

That's funny, I could have sworn only yesterday evening we received a severe weather warning that we were going to be hit with 6cm (a whole two inches!) from those soothsayers down at the IOM Met Office - maybe I dreamt it all, but it certainly earned someone at the DoT some (double) time as they were out gritting the roads in above zero conditions early this morning.

Can't we just get rid of the Met Office and look out the windows instead?

Thursday, 8 February 2007, 11:38 GMT : "Most of the really heavier stuff is going to be over England," said local forecaster Colin Gartshore.

Duh... I guessed that too!! When I turned on BBC news at 7:30 GMT. 4 hours later.... outcomes the BBC News information.

There's certainly nothing in Douglas. Guessing the 'regulars' will get it... but most "snow" reports are merely "sleet". Yesturday, I heard the warning that "Strong winds" combined with heavy snow falls will bring "blizzard" conditions!!!! If the weather reports are that innacurate..... what's the point in them?

_42548759_douglas_snow203.jpg

^ when was this taken?

Archived