[BBC News] Tram plan for island's cyclists

Newsbot

Not a bad idea but I'd be wary of cycling on most of the islands roads. They're pretty narrow and a lot of road users don't give cyclists must respect.

Not a bad idea but I'd be wary of cycling on most of the islands roads. They're pretty narrow and a lot of road users don't give cyclists must respect.

Most cyclists dont give a damn about anyone else.

One of my pet hates is a pair or a group of cyclists riding next to each other so that you can't get past, I know it says they can in the highway code but really, how hard would it be on busy roads to ride in single file to let traffic pass.

One of my pet hates is a pair or a group of cyclists riding next to each other so that you can't get past, I know it says they can in the highway code but really, how hard would it be on busy roads to ride in single file to let traffic pass.

How busy is your life that you can't wait a few extra seconds to overtake...? :)

Skig - can't say I've found that at all with cyclists. And for the record I'm not a cyclist. I always think that they look very vunerable (and they are). I always try to be patient with them. I'll like the idea of more people cycling - wish I had the legs and lungs to cycle. Fair play to those that make the effort!

...there's 2

It would be quicker to cycle to Ramsey than use a bloody tram !!!!

Would you like to prove that?

1hour 15 mins for the tram? It's possible. Ive done the the Mountain Time trial (1 lap of the TT course) in 2hrs 14minutes and that was slow. Think the record is around 1hr 30 maybe quicker.

Archived