Mountain Road Closed

When Skies Are Grey

Doesn't surprise me.

Me and the family were climbing up onto the mountain at about 12:15pm, down in Ramsey it was wet but the roads were fine, however, half way up the climb to Guthries it started getting worse, with lots of snow standing on the road and plenty of snow falling, and it was sticking too.

Going through Guthries itself, our car was scrabbling for grip and once up on top was tramlining pretty badly at even the gentlest application of acceleration or brakes, and going round a gentle bend even at 15mph, it drifted towards the centre line.

It was snowing very heavily and the conditions were pretty bad, and getting worse, so at the first of those little lay-bys we passed, I did a three point turn and went back into Ramsey, to go into Douglas over the coast.

I said to the missus "Even if we make it over the mountain OK I wouldn't trust someone else not to bang into us", and it would appear that did happen as there was a shunt at the Verandah.

So, let's get this right.

You were climbing a mountain in a car and the snow was getting heavier, your family in the back, you kept going up.

What the hell were you thinking?

Going through Guthries itself, our car was scrabbling for grip and once up on top was tramlining pretty badly at even the gentlest application of acceleration or brakes, and going round a gentle bend even at 15mph, it drifted towards the centre line.

15mph, atleast you won't get done for speeding on this occasion Chopley!

Doesn't surprise me.

Me and the family were climbing up onto the mountain at about 12:15pm, down in Ramsey it was wet but the roads were fine, however, half way up the climb to Guthries it started getting worse, with lots of snow standing on the road and plenty of snow falling, and it was sticking too.

It was snowing very heavily and the conditions were pretty bad, and getting worse, so at the first of those little lay-bys we passed, I did a three point turn and went back into Ramsey, to go into Douglas over the coast.

I said to the missus "Even if we make it over the mountain OK I wouldn't trust someone else not to bang into us", and it would appear that did happen as there was a shunt at the Verandah.

So, let's get this right.

You were climbing a mountain in a car and the snow was getting heavier, your family in the back, you kept going up.

What the hell were you thinking?

I can't remember, I was pissed out of me head.

:lol:

Archived