Tunes To Rattle Your Bass Bins

Mission

Ray - ahh Smith & Mighty - don't have anything of their's at the mo - looking for anything, if you could help!

Saw them live at one of the Womad Festies in Morcambe ('98 or 99 I think?) - they were awsome!

Zippy - Roots Manuva - magic stuff, love 'em.

Few peeps have mentioned Dillinja - not heard of these dudes, although I'm very familiar with Dillinger (CB200 & all that fine & dandy reggie stuff!)

- Forgot to put Suns of Arqa on my list!

i've only got a couple of their earlier 12's......had some fairly recent stuff but it has gone awol along with some other stuff too....:(

i got theyre versions of walk on and anyone

The Electric Front is highly recommended - clickey

Click on DJ Lee Mixes/Vids - he's got some wicked remix tactics for all sorts of songs - the Garbage one has some nice rolling bass with wall moving potential - just ask my neighbours :)

Or you could try iSound for random-lesser-known acts. Loads of stuff, from Rock to Electro - just pick something from the "Genre" drop-down menu and browse for hours...

Just flipping through the Winamp playlist before bed and forgot the bass and volume were set a bit high (eek) anyway, this one shook the place nicely so I thought I'd ask you all what else shakes it badstylie too:-

Currently playing: Massive Attack & Mos Def - I Against I

What else can I kill me bins with mofo's?

Is that a cover of the Bad Brains tune? I'll have to find that if it is.

Personal Bass Beast for now would be Gratitude by the Beastie Boys. Now that is bass!

Archived