Cannabis Cameron

Theodolite

Was David Cameron a dope to smoke cannabis or was it just another Public Schooboy prank?

Do we want a Prime Minister who can give a wry knowing smile when a TV 'alternative' comedian or TV personality mentions 'the munchies'.

Reuters Link

Edited to say that the picture used by Reuters was calling out for a bit of enhancement

genimagebw6.jpgcameroncannabisty2.jpg

I can honestly say that I don't care whether he's smoked dope or not. I don't view dope smoking as being something that should disbarr you from being PM, and I don't see what's wrong with smoking the odd splif. I seem to remember Bill Clinton suffering the same allegations from his student days and it didn't harm him.

My guess is that his popularity may well go up on the grounds that he's clearly not some stuffed shirt in typical Tory mode.

There are better things to worry about than whether he smoked a bit of weed at school.

I can honestly say that I don't care whether he's smoked dope or not. I don't view dope smoking as being something that should disbarr you from being PM, and I don't see what's wrong with smoking the odd splif. I seem to remember Bill Clinton suffering the same allegations from his student days and it didn't harm him.

My guess is that his popularity may well go up on the grounds that he's clearly not some stuffed shirt in typical Tory mode.

There are better things to worry about than whether he smoked a bit of weed at school.

Completely agree!

- Think the 'cigar' incident did Clinton more harm than his alleged smoking of joints!!!

That may have a ring of truth to it but his membership of the 'Bullingdon Club' - an elitist Oxford dining society of lordly students in £1,000 double-breasted tail-coats that specialized in the drunken smashing-up of restaurants - hardly fits with his message of modern, compassionate, caring conservatism.

Archived