Neds House Sold

Bombay Bad Boy

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I think this is quite an important story: definitely alot of public interest.

The fact the report says the Corkills have said they've paid the money back with interest shows they've made a statement on the issue.

Nice to see Manx radio's web site totally ignoring the issue. Why's that then?

What an utter waste. All that money to investigate grants that in the end just got paid back because the property was sold. A sorry waste of both public and private funds.

It wasn't a waste as Mrs Corkill was convicted of the crime of fraud (appeal pending of course). The issue was never the grants themselves but the fraud and deception involved in getting the payment of one of them.

Once the appeal has finished I hope that the case with the builders and Cu-Plas Callow gets resolved over the alledged un-paid bills. Whichever way that goes it will then be finished with.

Wasn't it false accounting rather than fraud? I'll sleep safer in my bed knowing she's been dealt with! Imagine the state of the streets of this island if we allowed false accountants to run riot.

So what she did was okay then?

Okay, she's not a physical threat to you and me but why should anyone, no matter their position (or their husbands!), be allowed to rid roughshod over the law for their own gain?

That money came from OUR taxes.

The judiciary and the police here are more than happy to prosecute benefit fraudsters (and even jail them for far less than she gained!) so why shouldn't she have been prosecuted?

Archived